General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

02 z28

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 z28

So i just took possesion of my "new" car. 02 Z28 LS1 M6. What a crazy ordeal. Anyways finally get it home and i notice several things not working.
Radio, tachometer, temperature gauge,mileage display,driver side power window. Is there a commonality between at least a couple of these items? Otherwise the fun really begins. Oil pressure is reading fine. Thanks for any and all help.

Chris
Old 01-30-2009, 01:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Your radio is probably a blown fuse, open your driver side door, look for the panel, pull it off, and look for a 15 blue fuse, if it's blown, replace. If not, look elsewhere.
Window motors always die on Camaros, get used to it.
Tach could be a bad cam sensor... Or fucked up wiring. Or worst case, a bad double roller assembly.
Mileage display could be as simple as a shorted wire? Not too sure on that one though.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Does the BMV in your state require a mileage check against the title to register? If so, and you bought it at a dealer,he may be forced to fix it. There does seem to be no commonality to the problems you have- you didn't notice any of these during testing?
If you have no recourse with seller let us know and we will have to take each problem seperately. Good Luck!
Old 01-30-2009, 10:05 AM
Teching In

This was an out of state ebay buy. The dealer told me everything was working and in good condition. i didnt even receive a title. I will be calling today to find out what is going to happen with this deal. Thanks Chris
Old 01-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Teching In

This was an out of state ebay buy. The dealer told me everything was working and in good condition. i didnt even receive a title. I will be calling today to find out what is going to happen with this deal. Thanks Chris
Old 02-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kamaroman68
So i just took possesion of my "new" car. 02 Z28 LS1 M6. What a crazy ordeal. Anyways finally get it home and i notice several things not working.
Radio, tachometer, temperature gauge,mileage display,driver side power window. Is there a commonality between at least a couple of these items? Otherwise the fun really begins. Oil pressure is reading fine. Thanks for any and all help.

Chris
sounds like u got a wiring nitemare on yer hands. sell it fast
Old 02-02-2009, 06:02 AM
Teching In

It was a simple 15 amp fuse. Thanks for the help. Chris
Old 02-02-2009, 06:32 AM
Teching In

Actually to avoid any confusion... the fuse took care of everything except the driver side window. That is still not working but I am sure it is the motor. To damn cold out to troubleshoot it. Chris