LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Michelin pilot sport a/s plus

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 05:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Michelin pilot sport a/s plus

Well it looks like i'm the guinnea pig for these tires. I picked them up from Discount tire for about $1050, installed, tax, and 4 certs. for replacement. I only put about 15 miles on them but what a difference over the s%$# rsa's! I think I got another 50 hp just in traction jk. But they were grabbing 100 times better than the rsa's on the wet roads. I'm actually hoping for some more snow to try them out in. I'll post again after I get some real miles and crappy weather out of them. And in case anyone is wondering why I went with these over the Goodyear f1 a/s:; even though they were more expensive, I refuse to buy Goodyear after having those junk tires on the Impy. I have always used Michelin on my motorcycle and they have saved my *** many times and worn really well. I expect nothing less from Michelin's car tires.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Staging Lane

I hope these tires are better then the first ones. They were junk.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Which 1st ones? The pilot sport a/s.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:53 AM
Staging Lane

Yes. They were great for anything other than snow. If you had ice/snow, forget it.

The most over priced tire IMHO. Your better off running snow tires in the winter and what ever you want for the spring/summer time.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastLS4
Yes. They were great for anything other than snow. If you had ice/snow, forget it.

The most over priced tire IMHO. Your better off running snow tires in the winter and what ever you want for the spring/summer time.
Are you kidding me I'm running the old Pilot sport A/S and they are the single best all around tire I've ever had. Its quiet, grips very well in the summer (for an all season tire) and hasn;t even come close to getting me stuck in the winter. I can brake and get around corners in snow better than just about anything I can accelerate in the snow better than just about any 2wd vehchile as well. Not to mention these are BY FAR the single best tire I've ever seen in any class in the wet. They just do no hydroplane.

If your looking for a snow tire.. dont look at the Pilot Sports A/S

If your looking for a performance tire ... dont look at the Pilot Sport A/S

If you want prob one of the best all around tire ever made for 4 real seasons like we see here in New England for a daily driver there is really no better tire than the Pilot Sport A/S
Old 05-18-2009, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone have a review on these tires?

Thinking I will need a new set for this winter - hoping these wear better than the F1's.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:54 PM
Teching In

Have had the a/s plus on for a couple hundred miles and they are lightyears better then the RSAs. I couldnt find a summer tire i really liked plus they all seemed to wear too fast. and after painstaking research for weeks, these seemed some of the best tires out there. ill never be able to tell you how they do in snow though. but so far zero complaints.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dsgbraves
Have had the a/s plus on for a couple hundred miles and they are lightyears better then the RSAs. I couldnt find a summer tire i really liked plus they all seemed to wear too fast. and after painstaking research for weeks, these seemed some of the best tires out there. ill never be able to tell you how they do in snow though. but so far zero complaints.

yeah, I looked at the F1's 6 months ago too, but EVERY review I read talked about terrible treadwear. I am going with the MPA/S next time as well.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kazmaniac
Anyone have a review on these tires?

Thinking I will need a new set for this winter - hoping these wear better than the F1's.
These tires are phenominal. I can't imagine any tire being better than these
in all types of weather. I luv 'em. Have about 2,000 miles on my set. The
only negative I can think of is they are rock and pebble grabbers.

TireRack is where I got mine. They have ratings and reviews:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...y.jsp?ttid=115

http://www.tirerack.com/survey/Surve...ort+A%2FS+Plus
Old 05-29-2009, 03:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by awf4i
Well it looks like i'm the guinnea pig for these tires. I picked them up from Discount tire for about $1050, installed, tax, and 4 certs. for replacement. I only put about 15 miles on them but what a difference over the s%$# rsa's! I think I got another 50 hp just in traction jk. But they were grabbing 100 times better than the rsa's on the wet roads. I'm actually hoping for some more snow to try them out in. I'll post again after I get some real miles and crappy weather out of them. And in case anyone is wondering why I went with these over the Goodyear f1 a/s:; even though they were more expensive, I refuse to buy Goodyear after having those junk tires on the Impy. I have always used Michelin on my motorcycle and they have saved my *** many times and worn really well. I expect nothing less from Michelin's car tires.
These are great- I put a set on my '99 Z/28 replacing the RS-A's as well, and couldn't be happier. I also got mine from Discount Tire Direct, and got the $70 rebate check in less than three weeks!