Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which should I go with?
LPP LTs and ORY
69.44%
Hooker Ceramic Coated Comp LTs and TSP ORY
30.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Another Header Poll: LPP vs. Hooker

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Header Poll: LPP vs. Hooker

Alright guys I know these are done all the time but lets see what your thoughts are. I'm pretty sure I want LPP headers. I have been looking around at different headers for about a month now and I think they are the best deal out there, not only are they stainless but they are a decent price and come in a race version and I haven't heard anything bad about the LS1 ones yet. Since I would be deleting the AIR I would have to use a block off plate on the Hookers, which I originally wanted, since they don't come in a race version. Btw I can't afford Kooks or ARH or anything like that since I'm at the max of my budge really after all the goodies I have to get to install with the headers (O2 ext, gaskets, etc.) along with some MSD wires. So anyone want to change my mind or should I go with the LPP?
Old 02-02-2009, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Talking

I got stainless steel hookers for under (and shipped ) 500$ from Tbyrne. I musta just caught them on sale cuz i just happen to call a bout other stuff. I was on it like a fat kid on a cupcake!!!! Fitment awesome!!! I did alot of reasearch on here , then hearing about what headaches people were having. I had none of the headaches. I just took my time, took a couple weeks (waiting on parts) with the install of my bassani true duals as well. I am a firm believer in hooker!!! I LOVE MY HOOKERS!! LOL
Old 02-02-2009, 10:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've seen stainless hookers for like $550, but thats just for the headers. The $600 with the LPP is for the headers and ORY.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I threw that y pipe away!! LOL! Not a bad price really!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:34 PM
11 Second Club

Thumbs up

I have LPP's Lt and ORY on my car . They went in fairly easy and sound amazing!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BKDZ28
I have LPP's Lt and ORY on my car . They went in fairly easy and sound amazing!
What catback you have? I actually haven't heard any sound clips of them. I'll have them with my stock SLP dual/dual muffler with the CME tips.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:29 PM
11 Second Club

I had a local custom exhaust shop make me a cat back with a flowmaster.The exhaust sounds great very loud with alot of rasp in the high rpm range but its was a" Waste of money. " The exhaust was not mandrel bent and is crushed down to 1 1/2 inch over the axle so, I will be installing a magnaflow Cat Back very soon.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BKDZ28
I had a local custom exhaust shop make me a cat back with a flowmaster.The exhaust sounds great very loud with alot of rasp in the high rpm range but its was a" Waste of money. " The exhaust was not mandrel bent and is crushed down to 1 1/2 inch over the axle so, I will be installing a magnaflow Cat Back very soon.
Yeah I don't like mine too raspy. Thats why I don't really like Flowmaster or SLP loudmouth. I'm more of a fan of Borla and GMMG myself, but I'll be keeping my SLP dual/dual with CME.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

I have LPP which were installed 5 weeks ago. They installed easily with no fitment issues. I even reused the factory plug wires and exhaust bolts.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

Well Greg I vote for which ever one is easier to install, althrough I think they will both be of the same degree of difficulty. But hey I can hope LOL.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Staging Lane

I am very intrested to see what other people thought of the lpp headers. Keep the post going!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:44 PM
TECH Resident

my vote is lpp
Old 02-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Teching In

I just recieved my LPP headers today. They look absolutely amazing. I got the y-pipe also but i think i am going to go with true duals instead. They were shipped fast and packed very well, and best of all shipping was free. They also came with gaskets. Overall i am very pleased with these headers so far and I will be installing them very soon.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DeadOnWS6
I just recieved my LPP headers today. They look absolutely amazing. I got the y-pipe also but i think i am going to go with true duals instead. They were shipped fast and packed very well, and best of all shipping was free. They also came with gaskets. Overall i am very pleased with these headers so far and I will be installing them very soon.
You'll have no problems at all.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Z/YA
Well Greg I vote for which ever one is easier to install, althrough I think they will both be of the same degree of difficulty. But hey I can hope LOL.
Haha good choice since you will be the one helping with the install. I seen that they are both some of the better fitting ones, not too many problems with either one that I've heard of, although it seems like nothing ever goes as easy as you plan.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the LPP. I just need to decide if I'm going to order them this week or wait and go home and ride in my bro's SS and see how the headers sound inside the car so I can make a better decision but I'm pretty sure I'm getting headers.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:40 PM
TECH Resident

hooker fits like ****, but go with the TSP y, they do a good job making em
Old 02-04-2009, 08:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by greatskiiiier
hooker fits like ****, but go with the TSP y, they do a good job making em
You talking about the Hooker LT's or ORY? I wouldn't be getting the Hooker ORY either way. Its either LPP/LPP or Hooker/TSP.

And I really haven't heard anything to make me not want the LPP's.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:54 PM
TECH Regular

I got my Lpp headers about 3 week ago and they look great! Cant wait to put them on!

I'll be sure to post a review and soundclips when its done.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sicko
I got my Lpp headers about 3 week ago and they look great! Cant wait to put them on!

I'll be sure to post a review and soundclips when its done.
I'll pry be ordering them next week. I want to go home and hear what my bro's new SS sounds like before I get headers. He has pacesetters and magnaflow so it will sound different but I want to get a feel for it. I don't think I'm going to dislike it but just want to make sure.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DeadOnWS6
Were did you order them from ive been thinking of geting the off ebay they are $600 shiped?

Quick Reply: Another Header Poll: LPP vs. Hooker