11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love how gm got top ten on least ticketed except for 2,
Old 02-12-2009, 02:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
i love how gm got top ten on least ticketed except for 2,
haha, yeah. I dont know how accurate this is cus I think honda should def. be on the top of that list.

Hey what going on with your car man? is there a meet tomorrow?
Old 02-12-2009, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man all of Scions cars are on there...lol

Id like to put a cutout or something on my car but right now I never have problems.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

my car is due to loud exhaust
Old 02-12-2009, 03:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by carbonfiberbird
haha, yeah. I dont know how accurate this is cus I think honda should def. be on the top of that list.

Hey what going on with your car man? is there a meet tomorrow?
its going... the weather has been to cold to properly shoot water based paint, so they are waiting for a dry hot day, i told them to take as long as they need to make it perfect. i got a rental im in no hurry what so ever.

and as far as i know, i think it may be canceled due to the forecast, but if you guys dont mind, ill still go and chill
Old 02-12-2009, 05:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
its going... the weather has been to cold to properly shoot water based paint, so they are waiting for a dry hot day, i told them to take as long as they need to make it perfect. i got a rental im in no hurry what so ever.

and as far as i know, i think it may be canceled due to the forecast, but if you guys dont mind, ill still go and chill
As long as it comes out perfect, thats all that counts, way too nice a car to have a fucked up looking fender. Thats what I told the body shop that I took the third gen to.

You know what I may just take the geo and go to, I doubt I'll get my car done in time, we have too much work for me to finish it in time but it cool I learn to just take my time.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought Id be a cop magnet with my loud exhaust, cam, slammed and no front plates but Ive only recieved one ticket ever for speeding, nothing else, even when I drove around with open headers. Unfortunately, I really think it matters what you look like or if youre a younger driver, sucks but true.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^

That and cops tend not to give muscle ish cars crap, the really dumb kids are in the ricer cars and well the cops tend to get them more due to the fact that they are younger and dumber and drive like idiots... Although there are a few LS based engine drivers that haven't gotten the clue, but hey its all in good fun.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
^^^

That and cops tend not to give muscle ish cars crap, the really dumb kids are in the ricer cars and well the cops tend to get them more due to the fact that they are younger and dumber and drive like idiots... Although there are a few LS based engine drivers that haven't gotten the clue, but hey its all in good fun.
so true, most import car owners are jack ***'s, that makes it really bad for the people with imports that are cool. Since the 4th gens are getting so cheap its getting easy for anybody to own one.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by C5natie
I thought Id be a cop magnet with my loud exhaust, cam, slammed and no front plates but Ive only recieved one ticket ever for speeding, nothing else, even when I drove around with open headers. Unfortunately, I really think it matters what you look like or if youre a younger driver, sucks but true.
Cop know that corvettes r meant to go fast!
but then again usually only middle aged men and woman drive them so i see why its not up there.

also civics arnt up there because there are so many frikin civics own by people that just want something cheap and efficient. only a few r owned by ricers ha..im pretty sure it will get there soon tho.

hate those tc dumb asses that just swirl in and out of traffic. they look ok tho like a wannabe bmw
Old 02-12-2009, 06:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carbonfiberbird
so true, most import car owners are jack ***'s, that makes it really bad for the people with imports that are cool. Since the 4th gens are getting so cheap its getting easy for anybody to own one.
Yeah I waited but then again I love my camaro, **** I would take a bullet before I let someone shoot my car... Just my one realy passion is these camaros.... Then i see some ghetto *** fool drivin and they mess up the car with spinners or anything larger than 18 in rims. I dunno to each his/her own but these are not monte carlos/impalas/regals/biscaynes.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've only been pulled over once in the 2+ years I've had my exhaust and that time it was just for doing 40 in a 25.

BUUUUT just as I'm about to leave (signed the citation and everything) this other cop pulls up and starts talking about my exhaust and whether I had my car "chipped" or some crap. No offense to cops but this guy literally had no idea what he was talking about so I just kinda shrugged it off.

SOOOO then I get a modified exhaust ticket which blew *** to get signed off but worked out in the end (used the old motorcycle trick of putting steel wool in the mufflers to get it below 95 Db).

But no, I wouldn't say it's a cop magnet.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:27 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hell MFin' yea mine is a cop magnet. Apparently they don't approve of the excessively loud exhaust, fumes, lumpy idle, roll cage, and slicks/skinnys on a street car. WTF are they thinking????
Old 02-12-2009, 11:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Apparently my car is when it's in New Mexico during the winter... Not only did I have a cop slam on his brakes and turn around when I passed him on a mountain road @ the speed limit (he decided not to follow), I also got pulled over courtesy of New Mexico state police off of the 40 West for no reason at all by a cop who was chatting with his buddy in the car next to him and not paying attention to the road... Luckily I didn't get a ticket either (not even a real warning), but even if he had written one it would have been laughable since everything on my car is New Mexico legal and I did nothing wrong driving-wise. Dick. Didn't even know what Vail (Colorado) or Breckenridge (Colorado) was. Or where Joshua Tree National Park was. Or Palm Springs. Or Bakersfield. Or the 10 freeway. Or the Cali-state 62. Or where the 40 ends.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Da Swami
I've only been pulled over once in the 2+ years I've had my exhaust and that time it was just for doing 40 in a 25.

BUUUUT just as I'm about to leave (signed the citation and everything) this other cop pulls up and starts talking about my exhaust and whether I had my car "chipped" or some crap. No offense to cops but this guy literally had no idea what he was talking about so I just kinda shrugged it off.

SOOOO then I get a modified exhaust ticket which blew *** to get signed off but worked out in the end (used the old motorcycle trick of putting steel wool in the mufflers to get it below 95 Db).

But no, I wouldn't say it's a cop magnet.

Haha I had a similar experience except the one that pulled me over had me pop my hood... he didn't have a clue, similar to the one that showed up later in your case. I got away with a speeding ticket (be it a speed I wasn't even near...). Other than that, never been hassled. Been followed a couple times but whenever a cop is around I turn into a complete puss and drive even slower than usual (I drive like granny, 5 over the limit max usually).
Old 02-13-2009, 03:03 AM
Launching!

I own a silhoutte!
Why is it amazing that people still drive it?
Old 02-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Launching!

There is some jack *** kid in my area that drives a pewter formula with black wheels, and is the nastyest sounding ls1 powered vehicle I have ever heard. He is a total idiot on and off the street. Some times they mistake my car for his (guess its the cops that cant tell the color difference, The wheels, and the fact that my car sounds like a missle...) And follow me around a bit, but never really pull me over.

However, there was one time some jack *** officer pulled me over and told me I was "revving my pipes at him" and that I am too loud, what ever that means. I was like wtf? There is no such thing as a "modified exhaust" ticket here where I live, and no smog tests and what have you.

There is one guy that owns an LT1 fbody out here, and he has pulled me over once, to look at my car, scared the hell out of me, though I was going to get a ticket, but he is was real cool.

Lol I dont want to say that my car is or is not a cop magnet, cause I'll prolly get pulled over today and harassed if I say that it isnt a cop magnet.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No but mine is a chick magnet lol. I thought I would get pulled over a lot since I blacked the car out. And no cops never bothered me a few even gave me thumps up.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

when i get to drive my t/a, cops always notice me....

Quick Reply: Is Your Car a Cop Magnet?