Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

!! WTF !! Tire Rack ??275s on 10.5 ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !! WTF !! Tire Rack ??275s on 10.5 ??

It won't let me select a larger tire for the rear.. It also forces you to input a vehicle..
Am I doing something wrong ?

Old 02-20-2009, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

1. It does NOT force you to enter a vehicle. It is just far more of a pain in the *** to use their site if you don't. Tons of brands. You can pick any tire you want and have them mount it unless they deem it unsafe. They have a recommended size that if you click "Add to cart and shop for tires" will filter out all other sizes. but if you just click Add To Cart. then go browse for tires on your own you can have them mount tires that are over or under their recommended size. As long as its a safe combination they will mount it. They won't put 215's on a 9.5" wide wheel since it simply won't work.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

I tryed that... The option to mount them disapeared. I'll try again

Originally Posted by Nova5
1. It does NOT force you to enter a vehicle. It is just far more of a pain in the *** to use their site if you don't. Tons of brands. You can pick any tire you want and have them mount it unless they deem it unsafe. They have a recommended size that if you click "Add to cart and shop for tires" will filter out all other sizes. but if you just click Add To Cart. then go browse for tires on your own you can have them mount tires that are over or under their recommended size. As long as its a safe combination they will mount it. They won't put 215's on a 9.5" wide wheel since it simply won't work.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

ya.. see everything is in the cart but they won't mount them...

Old 02-20-2009, 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just bought some from tire rack but i did use the "and shop for tires" link, either way... I'm carrying a good bourbon buzz. So while I sound coherent I am quite likely full of ****. Honestly thou, I'd expect that even if that option vanished if you call them and talk to them over the phone you could get them to mount them. Each wheel diameter can accept various tire sizes and vice versa.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

yeah.. i'll just have to call them when i'm ready.

Originally Posted by Nova5
I just bought some from tire rack but i did use the "and shop for tires" link, either way... I'm carrying a good bourbon buzz. So while I sound coherent I am quite likely full of ****. Honestly thou, I'd expect that even if that option vanished if you call them and talk to them over the phone you could get them to mount them. Each wheel diameter can accept various tire sizes and vice versa.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

BTW Torq Thrust are overdone for me. I went Rouge Black/Silver Rim.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Call then and talk to them, its alot easier to deal with humans than the digital computer ystem that says hey this ONE size matches when really a few sizes match.

Time to go see if in can watch all of "The Bucket List" tonight or if the alchey claims me before normal crash time.