Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES light during high rpm shifts-->

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question SES light during high rpm shifts-->

I believe this is the correct place to post this. When I shift at full throttle or almost full throttle, the SES light will come on. Most shifts are around 4700-6000 rpm when this happens. I dont have a way to read the code, but was wondering if anyone would have any ideas as to what the problem may be. I've already tried replacing the TPS sensor, but no luck. After about 3 or 4 driving cycles, the light will go off. Like I said the only conditions that this occurs under are full throttle (or near) and at higher RPM shifts. Car and mods in sig. Thanks.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4DSPNKR
I believe this is the correct place to post this. When I shift at full throttle or almost full throttle, the SES light will come on. Most shifts are around 4700-6000 rpm when this happens. I dont have a way to read the code, but was wondering if anyone would have any ideas as to what the problem may be. I've already tried replacing the TPS sensor, but no luck. After about 3 or 4 driving cycles, the light will go off. Like I said the only conditions that this occurs under are full throttle (or near) and at higher RPM shifts. Car and mods in sig. Thanks.
I've had my car come on at higher shifts too, but I believe mine was o2 related and I have LT's and it doesnt seem like you would have the same issue with manifolds and cats yet. The code I pulled was a bank 1 or 2 lean, you dont have a parts store that has and obdII reader available to use?
Old 03-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by miller456
you dont have a parts store that has and obdII reader available to use?
I do, but usually by the time I have a chance to go, the light has turned off (I'm guessing because of the readiness moniters?)
Old 04-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Staging Lane

I was able to FINALLY get the code pulled and it was a p0123 which read something like this: TPS sensor Circuit A low voltage input. I have already replaced the TPS but it doidnt fix the problem. Any ideas?
Old 04-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Staging Lane

nobody?
Old 04-15-2009, 04:29 PM
12 Second Club

Check the wiring harness. If not there then prolly either a bad TPS or misadjusted
Old 04-15-2009, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had this problem for a while. Finally i was able to get the car in and scanned with it being on still, and it was a bad 02 sensor code. I seafoamed the car, and have never had a problem since
Old 04-16-2009, 06:03 AM
Staging Lane

"Check the wiring harness. If not there then prolly either a bad TPS or misadjusted"

Ill check the harness and wires.

"I had this problem for a while. Finally i was able to get the car in and scanned with it being on still, and it was a bad 02 sensor code. I seafoamed the car, and have never had a problem since"

I never got an o2 code it is a tps code.