Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

spring question

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 11:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question spring question

well there is a couple hundred pounds out of the car and now its sits up way to damn high in both the front and the rear...it truly will need lowering springs in all 4 corners....now say i drop it about 1.25" will the car still hook and book like hell, 60 ft extremely well.. r there any other peeps with this setup or a know good....it will be a fully a suspended car, no drag bar tho, adjustable struts up front and drag shocks in the rear....

im very interested to know if it will better the car or hurt it???????????/

thanks
Old 03-24-2009, 11:30 AM
11 Second Club

You have coilovers up front? Stock alum block?

-Mark
Old 03-24-2009, 02:24 PM
TECH Veteran

stock block lt1 car and nope just kyb adj.....with stock spring for now but need to lower car all the way around
Old 03-24-2009, 03:02 PM
7 Second Club

if you drop the car very much without adjustable TA and relocation brackets for your lca's you'll probably be up **** creek
Old 03-24-2009, 07:16 PM
TECH Veteran

well the tq arm is there too and i was thinking if i lower the car i will have to get the relocation brackets but will the car be hook and book or still shitty .....need more input here come on guys
Old 03-25-2009, 09:34 AM
11 Second Club

You can make a lowered car hook. Just make sure that the lowering springs in the rear are stiff so you don't unload the tires on the hit, and when lowered make sure the PA isn't thrown off (+ or -). As far as the front you need to find out the spring rate of these lowering springs. Some lowering springs have a higher spring rate so once lowered they won't transfer hardly any weight. And do not cut any coils to lower the car... that increases the rate.

-Mark
Old 03-25-2009, 09:37 AM
7 Second Club

well to be honest i'm not 100% sure what to tell you to do other than trying to get the suspension/chassis parts back to stock or close to stock angles to hook.... im going through hooking problems too right now...

i'll let everyone know what i figure out in my build thread of my car
Old 03-25-2009, 05:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
You can make a lowered car hook. Just make sure that the lowering springs in the rear are stiff so you don't unload the tires on the hit, and when lowered make sure the PA isn't thrown off (+ or -). As far as the front you need to find out the spring rate of these lowering springs. Some lowering springs have a higher spring rate so once lowered they won't transfer hardly any weight. And do not cut any coils to lower the car... that increases the rate.

-Mark
as for the spring rate i dont even know yet what they would be do you or anyone know what the stock spring rate is .........isnt the rears like 175 ea and fronts like 500 or so......

cuz having the drag shocks in the rear and kyb agxs up front but this car needs to dropped it looks nasty and sits way too high but i dont want to sacrifice my 60 ft times at all