LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Just Got tuned. Check it out

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Got tuned. Check it out

Hey guys just figured i would post up my dyno numbers here and see if these sound good to some people. I had it tuned by Jeremy Formato (jeremyF) and he did a fantastic job. i had it tuned today (even though it was raining and i never drive my car in the rain i did for this). when we started i put down 250hp and 286 pound feet of torque. he said i was running rich off the chart (like 9. something). well he worked his magic and those last numbers there are after all his tuning. 283/309. i thought that is pretty good for basic full exhaust and intake. i was running so rich because i had put the 255lph pump in and it was delivering a lot of fuel. let me know what ya think. And after seeing him playing with all the numbers i dont think i will ever tune my own car. im very mechanically inclined, but that was just nuts they way he worked his magic.
Attached Thumbnails Just Got tuned. Check it out-dyno-resize.jpg  
Old 03-28-2009, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

little high for an auto, but all dynos are different and that one was realy on the high side. congrats..
Old 03-28-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why'd he stop pulling at 5400rpms? Stock rev limiter isn't till 5850. Granted it looks like you wouldn't have made anymore by then, but just thought it was odd. I'd have figured it was running pig rich from the AFPR though.

Never the less, nice numbers. I take it that was with the cut out closed?

EDIT: I don't think it looks all that high. Baseline 250hp wasn't stock, it was pre-tuned with sig mods.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

jeremy is the man when it comes to tuning LTx/LSx
Old 03-28-2009, 09:51 PM
Teching In

Nice numbers! should run great at the track
Old 03-28-2009, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

255lph pump shouldn't be why it was rich, right?
Old 03-29-2009, 10:21 AM
Launching!

Jeremy said that the bigger fuel pump was putting out more fuel, thats just he had said. the first run was when i was running off the charts rich with all mods in sig and starting the tune. the last numbers there are with cutout open and after all tuning. he changed my redline to 6000 rpm and made it so the trans shifts at 5950 under full throttle. with the cutout open it didnt gain all that much of a difference. it had gained 2 peak HP and in mid range picked up 7 or so pound feet of torque than when it was coming out the catback. so the cutout doesnt really make a huge difference. he was tuning my car for like 2 hours and made like 8 or so dyno pulls. he did a fantastic job, icant wait to drive it when its dry out. he said it should easy blow the tires off in second now. he changed the tranny around so if i below 34 and i mash it it will drop to first gear, below 68 and above 34 it will drop to second. also below 122 and above 68 and mash it, it will drop into third. so he said in dry pavement if im at like 40 and step on it it will probably blow the rear tires off when it drops to second. so it def sounds like it will be a lot more fun to drive. Sorry for the long post im just excited to hopefully drive it soon when its dry and have alot more fun.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 96formulabird
Jeremy said that the bigger fuel pump was putting out more fuel, thats just he had said. the first run was when i was running off the charts rich with all mods in sig and starting the tune. the last numbers there are with cutout open and after all tuning. he changed my redline to 6000 rpm and made it so the trans shifts at 5950 under full throttle. with the cutout open it didnt gain all that much of a difference. it had gained 2 peak HP and in mid range picked up 7 or so pound feet of torque than when it was coming out the catback. so the cutout doesnt really make a huge difference. he was tuning my car for like 2 hours and made like 8 or so dyno pulls. he did a fantastic job, icant wait to drive it when its dry out. he said it should easy blow the tires off in second now. he changed the tranny around so if i below 34 and i mash it it will drop to first gear, below 68 and above 34 it will drop to second. also below 122 and above 68 and mash it, it will drop into third. so he said in dry pavement if im at like 40 and step on it it will probably blow the rear tires off when it drops to second. so it def sounds like it will be a lot more fun to drive. Sorry for the long post im just excited to hopefully drive it soon when its dry and have alot more fun.
Not related to your tune, but just pointing out that you picked up 7ft lbs with the cutout open. The whole backpressure=torque thing is SUCH a pet peeve of mine that had to bold that .

More proof that backpressure is NOT good for tq, and any post collector restriction is a bad thing for hp and tq. Too many threads say people will lose tq with free flowing exhausts, cat deletes, true duals, etc when it is just not true unless your tune ends up way off because of it.

Hopefully at least one more person will get it now, but I still bet the next guy that asks if he should get a cutout will be told he will "gain a couple up top but lose some tq" .

Grats btw, nice numbers
Old 03-29-2009, 11:28 AM
Teching In

Nice numbers with a bolt on car!!!!!! GM tuned them rich for warrenty purposes.

I made 9HP and 10LB torque more with my cutout open with my set up. That proves that the better the heads flow the MORE they will make open. Just my 2cents worth...
Old 03-29-2009, 03:20 PM
Launching!

PUCK i agree with you completly about the backpressure thing. on some things though you will lose torque and hp with no muffler or cats. like my truck lost alot of power with no muffler, but i dont care because that is my beater anyway. But yeh i def agree that cutouts are money well spent and hey i will take all the extra power and torque (especially) i can get. Also i happen to get the car out this afternoon and wow my car runs like a bat out of hell now. from a dead stop it will spin halfway through 2nd and from a 20 roll it will spin a little into second. i know thats not good that it spins, but it sure does make it better to drive lol. once i get rims and tires it will run faster cause it will hook. also i need some more suspension things. But jeremy def did a great job. my car is so much faster and a pleasure to drive even more than it was before.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Launching!

hate to threadjack, but if you could pm with with more info about the place you got it tuned and how much $$$ it cost i would appreciate it. i'm over in towson and i don't know of any tuners or good speed shops around here, prefer to diy honestly though. nice to see a fellow marylander fbody here

Quick Reply: Just Got tuned. Check it out