Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best big cube SD tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 03:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best big cube SD tuner?

Im looking for a tuner, Ive heard from several people to contact Ed Wright, ive had bad luck with local tuners lately, so Im looking for a more lsx specefic tuner.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:50 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it would be helpful if you told us where you lived
Old 03-29-2009, 06:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Frost
it would be helpful if you told us where you lived
KCMO. im looking in the midwest primarily.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^^^

Frost has my vote (he is in VA but it might be worth the trip).......he has to be one of the best LSx tuners
Old 03-30-2009, 01:07 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We have tuned and built MANY big cube FI cars. We currently have the fastest C6/C6Z in the world right now.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by CBIII
Im looking for a tuner, Ive heard from several people to contact Ed Wright, ive had bad luck with local tuners lately, so Im looking for a more lsx specefic tuner.
PM me and I will send you info for a tuner in Hennessey OK. He tunes cars from Texas, OK, and Kansas. He tunes on a Mustang Dyno and uses EFI Live. He does not lock the tune like W------- and you can get it done for less than half the price and he tunes on Saturdays. His specialty are FI cars and dirt trackers.

He did a 2bar SD tune on mine (1998 Z28 h/c with a ATI D1SC) previously tuned by two well known tuners - one from St Louis and a sponsor on this board.

After his tune it's like driving a completely different car compared to the tunes previously done. I did not have to repin the PCM (1998) and/or install a custom OS as suggested by some.

Since you were thinking about going to Tulsa save the miles and go to Hennessey instead. You won't be disappointed.

The week previous to my tune he did 3 or 4 tunes for a group from Garden City Kansas. Maybe if they read this they will vouch for his tunes as well. And like you I couldn't find a good tuner in KC KS either.

Last edited by dlandsvZ28; 04-01-2009 at 02:14 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dlandsvZ28
PM me and I will send you info for a tuner in Hennessey OK. He tunes cars from Texas, OK, and Kansas. He tunes on a Mustang Dyno and uses EFI Live. He does not lock the tune like W------- and you can get it done for less than half the price and he tunes on Saturdays. His specialty are FI cars and dirt trackers.

He did a 2bar SD tune on mine (1998 Z28 h/c with a ATI D1SC) previously tuned by two well known tuners - one from St Louis and a sponsor on this board.

After his tune it's like driving a completely different car compared to the tunes previously done. I did not have to repin the PCM (1998) and/or install a custom OS as suggested by some.

Since you were thinking about going to Tulsa save the miles and go to Hennessey instead. You won't be disappointed.

The week previous to my tune he did 3 or 4 tunes for a group from Garden City Kansas. Maybe if they read this they will vouch for his tunes as well. And like you I couldn't find a good tuner in KC KS either.
I can vouch for him as well.. I used to work there and still go up there and help him. He did SD tune on a heads and cam fbody today and kid was pleased with the driveability.
By the way dlandsvZ28 you have one of the nicest, cleanest, well built cars Ive ever seen. It was nice to meet you the day I was up there.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not use Dlove
Old 04-05-2009, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Instead of asking why not to use DLove you should point out the reasons why someone should.

For example:
Years of tuning experience.
Type of dyno used - Mustang or Dynojet.
Tuning software used (believe it or not there are some that still use LSEdit).
Type of wideband used.
Types of induction tuned (NA,supercharged, turbocharged, etc.) and FI or carbed.
Fuels or power enhancers (alcohol, nitrous, e85 etc.).
Are tunes locked or not?
Hourly rate or flat rates.
At $60 per hour including the dyno - $500 dollars buys a whole day of tuning.
Vehicle makes - Ford, GM, etc.

You would think by now that tuners would put in writing just exactly what they do and what is included with their tunes - most don't.