Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!! major wiring problems!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! major wiring problems!

i have a 95 chevrolet 1/2 silverado Z71 for my DD. about 3 months ago the ABS light started coming on and off frequently and didnt think to much of it then one day i noticed that when the ABS light is on i dont have cruise control, no blower motor for the heat or air,and my truck will not shift into overdrive. Now then the light comes on and stay on for a week or so then off for a week or so then back on and so on! i recently put on a remote start about 6 months prior to know and had it unhooked today but the light is still on! any suggestions?

i know this is not is the right forum for this but dont know what else to do!
Old 04-09-2009, 06:45 PM
TECH Regular

Your remote start system shouldn't have anything to do with the ABS system. Have you checked your brake lights and/or brake switch? If the electronic switch attached to your brake pedal is broken than it would prevent your cruise control from functioning. That might be the cause of the light being on in your dash.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Staging Lane

yea but that doesnt explain why its not shifting to overdrive and the heater motor
Old 04-10-2009, 12:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

go to fullsizechevy.com and post your question there. A TBI full size truck wiring question has no business in an ls1 external engine forum...
Old 04-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Staging Lane

well sorry 99transamls16spd but when i had a major problem and didnt know what else to do so i thought why not try it! no one else is bitching about where i posted it so why are you!
Old 04-13-2009, 11:59 PM
Staging Lane

ok well i think that i have got it figured out but... i believe that it is a ground problem after some research all my problems are seem to have the same ground. now then my problem is trying to find this ground wire. didnt know if anyone had any suggestions? i could really use the help!
Old 04-14-2009, 02:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Riley - seriously, are you kidding me!?!? You are in the GENIII EXTERNAL ENGINE forum!!! Not a TBI truck electrical forum. period

This is not you're only option anymore. I gave you the link to a website that would be a ton more help for your issue. So why are you still posting in this forum? At least post it in the electrical section if you're that bent on using an LS1 forum...

BTW, I am bitching because I beat others to it. Is useless clutter like this that does the people that are actually interested in LS1 mods a headache when doing searches or just trying to learn more.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm in the process of doing an LT1 swap so I thought I would toss this idea out. I have no idea if your truck is the same, but my LT1 donor motor came out of a 95 Trans Am.

According to the wiring diagram I have for the F-body there is a wire with 12 volts of power running from the brake pedal to the PCM. When you press the brake pedal it breaks the 12v connection so the computer knows to (among other things) unlock the torque converter. Just to sum it up...that pin on the PCM should have NO power on it when the brake pedal is being used and see 12v under parked/normal drive conditions.

The diagram I have says pin 14 on the clear PCM connector is the wire and it might throw code P0703 if it were a 95 LT1 f-body. That might explain why the converter and cruise control aren't working...if an LT1 car doesn't see 12 volts on that wire it thinks you are riding the brakes. heh..

Not sure if that will help you out any, but I hope you get it figured out...I know I hate chasing electrical gremlins!

Chad