Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Racetech and acutech pistons?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 08:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racetech and acutech pistons?

Has anyone used these before? The guy thats doing my machine work recommened these pistons for my new 408ci.. Says that one of the guys that started JE pistons broke off and started this company.. I tried a search and found nothing.. HELP.. Thanks
Old 04-12-2009, 09:30 AM
10 Second Club

32 veiws and no one has an opinion on these pistons?
Old 04-12-2009, 08:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Racetechs are very new and prolly not many in use yet. I do remember on here about the founder leaving one of the big names to start his own biz but can't remember the details. I will go Wiseco on my next build that being said......
Old 04-12-2009, 09:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Racetech? Is it a little performance shop? Where is it located at?
Old 04-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wiseco for the win. I'm not saying they are bad, but I have trouble putting anything in my engine that isn't proven.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:50 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

They dont advertise. Guess because they are flat out making excellent pistons. They are in CA. Call them. Some deep experience turning out good slugs.

Some info here:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=159651837
Old 04-13-2009, 07:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by rsz288
They dont advertise. Guess because they are flat out making excellent pistons. They are in CA. Call them. Some deep experience turning out good slugs.

Some info here:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=159651837
Well what do you know about these pistons.. My friend told me that the business was started by someone from JE pistons? He gave me the # to call them and get some info from them but I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with these pistons.. It is to much of a pain in the *** pulling the motor out of this car so I don't want to keep doing it.. LOL.. Thanks again..
Old 04-17-2009, 02:57 AM
Teching In

I've just bought some racetec/autotec pistons for my project. I too was wondering if they were any good, as I hadn't heard of them. I did a bit of research and found they were established by the guy who founded je and srp and are actually located a block or two from the je factory.
Mine look very nice and measure up very well and consistent.

I was sold these by a fella in Perth, Australia who has a very good reputation for building very strong and reliable LSx motors, so I trusted him 100% on these unknown (to me) pistons.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TNT76
I've just bought some racetec/autotec pistons for my project. I too was wondering if they were any good, as I hadn't heard of them. I did a bit of research and found they were established by the guy who founded je and srp and are actually located a block or two from the je factory.
Mine look very nice and measure up very well and consistent.

I was sold these by a fella in Perth, Australia who has a very good reputation for building very strong and reliable LSx motors, so I trusted him 100% on these unknown (to me) pistons.
I went ahead and order my rotating assembly with the Racetech pistons. From what I can tell they are supposed to be a little lighter than other pistons. The guy that owned JE/SRP pistons retired and started this company. The company is based out of Australia and is using the state of the Art equipment and technology to build one of the best pistons on the market. Or so I've read!! LOL I will keep you guys updated. Thanks.. If anyone else knows anything about these pistons please chime in. Thanks again..

Quick Reply: Racetech and acutech pistons?