Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How can I tell what size AN fittings I have?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 07:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How can I tell what size AN fittings I have?

Does anyone know of a quick way to tell what size AN fittings I have? Bought a used NX kit and Im finally getting around to buying odds and ends to make it complete and I need to get a hose from bottle to the solenoids and a few fittings bt I dont know what size the current fittings are.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Maybe a call to NX is in order??? 2 birds w/ 1 call.
Find out what you need.
Buy it.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

The easy way to check is to see what size wrench you use on the hose ends
7/16= 3AN
9/16= 4AN
11/16= 6AN
Old 04-17-2009, 08:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I already know what I need, basically the hose from bottle to engine bay and maybe some fittings not sure yet. depends on how I arrange it in the engine bay, The kit is model: 20118-10 . I bought it used off a guy that ran it on his 350tpi so Im probably goint to have to move things around and get different a different length of hose for the fuel line from test port to solenoid and maybe the lines going to the shark since they seem pretty long for my application.
Not sure if anyone can see this but heres the thread of my purchase on s10forum: http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f11/go...us-kit-390309/

If not I can post up some pics later when I get a chance.

I just wanted to make sure what fitting I have on the elbow coming out of the bottle and on the solenoids so I can get the right size hose.
Thanks
Old 04-17-2009, 09:13 AM
FormerVendor

You're going to need a 4an feed line from the bottle to solenoid. A 4an line also feeds the fuel from test port to solenoid if you need to change that as well. You will need to do as Vinny suggested above and verify what size the nuts are for the lines after the nozzle. Also make sure to get the proper fuel jets for your vehicles fuel pressure.

Nick

Originally Posted by tiresmokinV8
I already know what I need, basically the hose from bottle to engine bay and maybe some fittings not sure yet. depends on how I arrange it in the engine bay, The kit is model: 20118-10 . I bought it used off a guy that ran it on his 350tpi so Im probably goint to have to move things around and get different a different length of hose for the fuel line from test port to solenoid and maybe the lines going to the shark since they seem pretty long for my application.
Not sure if anyone can see this but heres the thread of my purchase on s10forum: http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f11/go...us-kit-390309/

If not I can post up some pics later when I get a chance.

I just wanted to make sure what fitting I have on the elbow coming out of the bottle and on the solenoids so I can get the right size hose.
Thanks
Old 04-17-2009, 09:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Nick! I already picked up the correct jets for my fuel pressure and shot I want to run. 50,75 and 100. Still need to figure where Im mounting my solenoids and make a bracket to hold them then figure out if I need to change the hoses that I already have. Get a bottle bracket since the one supplied was just the hose clamps and no feet, misc wiring and either a wot switch and window switch or some type of controller like the microedge even tho that would be overkill. But cant be too safe.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:21 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by tiresmokinV8
Thanks Nick! I already picked up the correct jets for my fuel pressure and shot I want to run. 50,75 and 100. Still need to figure where Im mounting my solenoids and make a bracket to hold them then figure out if I need to change the hoses that I already have. Get a bottle bracket since the one supplied was just the hose clamps and no feet, misc wiring and either a wot switch and window switch or some type of controller like the microedge even tho that would be overkill. But cant be too safe.
Let me know if you need any help figuring out what else you need.

Nick
Old 04-22-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this is good info i was wondering the same about my lines. thanks!
Old 04-23-2009, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Quick question. Im building a switch panel to fit in the asktray area on my sonoma and Ive got the round rocker switchs like on the HSW panels but Im looking for a red purge button. I like the look of the HSW ones but cant find those style buttons anywhere. Any help?

Quick Reply: How can I tell what size AN fittings I have?