Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

in dash DVD player, head unit

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lightbulb in dash DVD player, head unit

ok so i want to get the in dash head unit w/ the monitor that flips up and out, but the problem is that it seems like its goign to hit the ac vents or something in that area? is there a way around that or what ??
Old 10-29-2003, 01:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Most have an adjustment on it a to viewing angle of the screen, or you may have to get an install kit that makes the deck sit out further than stock, go ask a stereo shop there thoughts on the matter and then buy it online.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

next question is it better to get the head unit online or on e-bay, b/c i dontknow about sending all that money to some stranger on e-bay!
Old 10-29-2003, 08:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

It depends on your experiences I guess, I buy and sell a lot of stuff on ebay and have never once had a bad experience, with about 50 ebay feedbacks all 100%, and many more off ebay sales. My brothers first attempt on ebay he got screwed by some guy and didn't get his money back for a month, my answer to that is if you feel uncomfortable then by from a large seller, they will have power seller logos by there name, also look at the persons feedback, not just if its 100% or not, look at actual transactions, some people on there have been buying cheap items like .99 cent recipes or .50 cent ebooks to boost there feedback. so look at there actual feedback profile, if you research a little bit about the seller you shouldn't have any problems.What kind of screen are you looking for? I personally love ebay, im on there a lot selling and buying stuff and i find a lot of good deals let me know what your budget is and i will keep an eye out for you.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

thanks a lot, i'm looking for a in dash deal w/ all the goodies.... am/fm cd player dvd player and at least one RCA out put and a RCA input as well screen size isn't really important 6.5 or 7 o really dont care but i would like to have a hid screen, you know like the kind you poke and the liquid moves(real technical term there!!!)
Old 10-29-2003, 11:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

pioneer makes a pretty nice unit with lots of goodies, so does alpine but they get pricey, there are some cheaper brands im not real familiar with but it depends on what you are in to, nice system? spl? sq? lots of bass? brand names?
Old 10-29-2003, 11:29 PM
Launching!

I have a Clarion In-dash DVD and it does cover the air vents. I have a T/A so it only interferes with the middle vent. I just turn it off when the screen is out. Other than that I love it. I have had the Kenwood DVD piece and the Clarion to me is a lot better. The Kenwood was really good to but it wasnt fully motorized and the graphics werent as good to me.

----------------------------
2000 WS6 Vert------White

18" Z06 Wheels, Light Bar, Clarion In-dash DVD, air box, free mods........more engine mods to come
Old 10-30-2003, 08:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

just to let you know also if you do not know, that if you have it installed at Best Buy. (this is here in texas not sure bout anywere else) but when they install a screen, they set it up to were the screen can come out when you are on the brakes or in park. because if it visible for the driver to look at, it is considered illegal. there might be some variations to this, but please do correct me if i am wrong. i also like the pioneer and clarion over the kenwood!
Old 10-30-2003, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

about the head unit i was looking into them, whats the deal w/ the only in park or brake on is there away around that b/c i really want to be able to have the peeps in the car watching on road trips and stuff
Old 10-30-2003, 08:21 PM
Launching!

there is a wire that is supposed to be connected to the parking brake or to park one....all you have to do is connect that wire to ground and it will bypass the whole park/parking brake deal. I have had the clarion and the kenwood and the wire to connect to ground on both of these pieces was green
Old 11-01-2003, 08:01 PM
TECH Veteran

All monitors are easy to trick out except the Alpine that one requires you hook it up to two switches. When ever I install Alpine monitors usually what I do is hook one switch up to the brake and other to a toggle switch. So you engage the foot brake, toggle the switch, the release foot brake, and vola parking brake mode disabled. Only down side is every time car is shut off you have to repeat the process, you get used to it and can do it real fast. Ive done a few where ive used one of the stereo control buttons instead of a traditional toggle switch, real nice and stealth. If you do decide to bypass the parking brake dont get caught most cities charge a $500 fine.
Old 11-14-2003, 09:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have this model

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp...No=CQ-VAD9300U

that I bought about 6 months ago I installed it 4 months ago. Since then I have put maybe 1000 miles on my car. It works great. Has TV Tuner Powered center chanel. Its an awsome unit and probably one of the best pictures out there. I paid almost 1500 for it, and am looking to sell it. Let me know if you have an intrest in it I would make you a good deal on it.

Rob