Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

White TA paint mods!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 09:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White TA paint mods!!!!

Ok so I have planned on doing a white and black setup........tell me what you guys think

-VHT the taillights and the center peice polished up, maybe keeping the bird....

-VHT Side Marker lights..

-VHT third brake light

-Sand down my calipers and paint them Gloss Black..

-Intake manifold either Gloss Black or Gloss White (has anyone painted anything white??)

-Lower airbox Gloss white or Gloss black

Tell me what you guys think!!!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 11:01 PM
Launching!

i would do it all man except the intake thats when i have seen people getting into trouble unless you just want to keep painting it every once and a while. on my camaro i have vht tails, third brake, side lights. and i have done a whistler mod on my head lights with vht turn sigs. i have white diamond (mother pearl) paint like what you would see on a cadillac cts or escalade. and i love how all that looks on my car. so have at it man. good luck!!!
Old 04-25-2009, 12:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

sounds pretty damn good. I love the white/black theme. guess I'm biased. but I think it's a good mix if done right. Here's my setup..

Bow Tie grille, Blacked out side markers, Black Harrell stripes, Black rims, Black smooth Berger, black halo's and tail light covers
Old 04-25-2009, 07:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS!!! friggin sweetness... good luck with your black & white!
Old 04-25-2009, 01:14 PM
TECH Regular

that looks good, anyone have any white colors under the hood? I think it would look sick but havnt seen it, is it going to be a bitch to paint it white?????

Also did u VHT the side markers and third brake lights just like the tails?

Any suggestions that you can offer me for doing it my first time or just follow the write up to the T?

KEEP IT COMING GUYS!
Old 04-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Launching!

Here's my white and black theme. It's not finished yet. I'm currently trying to trade someone identical rims, except black powder coated. And then I wanna VHT my tail lights and side markers and I'll probably be good after that.
Attached Thumbnails White TA paint mods!!!!-sspx0101.jpg   White TA paint mods!!!!-sspx0102.jpg  
Old 04-25-2009, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JoeKnowsBaseball
Here's my white and black theme. It's not finished yet. I'm currently trying to trade someone identical rims, except black powder coated. And then I wanna VHT my tail lights and side markers and I'll probably be good after that.
I like the stripes ont he hood, you need some white emblems on the stripes to set it off, imo.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Launching!

That's actually what I was thinking about doing. Ordering some white Z/28 factory style vynal emblems and putting them in the stripes and then removing the fender badges.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dub.ya.es.SICK
that looks good, anyone have any white colors under the hood? I think it would look sick but havnt seen it, is it going to be a bitch to paint it white?????

Also did u VHT the side markers and third brake lights just like the tails?

Any suggestions that you can offer me for doing it my first time or just follow the write up to the T?

KEEP IT COMING GUYS!
yes i have my third brake light, turns signals, and rear bumper side lights VHT'd just like my tails lights. just as a hint make sure you sand them down a lil with a 600 grit sandpaper and clean them up good so there is no wax on them. i sanded mine but i didnt clean them at first and the VHT just cracked up. so i had to remove the paint with some mineral spirits and start over. i was 2 coats into it when i decided it was gonna look like **** if i continued doing it without washing them down.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:15 PM
TECH Regular

wooot thanks all keep the white going!!! WHITE & BLACK!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 12:04 AM
Launching!

When I re-clear coated my head lights I think I started with 600 and finished with 1000 grit sand paper. If you take your time and sand off all the old coating it will come out sick as hell. Make sure you get them as smooth as possible and it will look like a stock piece.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:45 AM
TECH Regular

I like all of the ideas but I would do a black CETA mod as well if not already done!
Old 04-27-2009, 01:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you clear coat the intake you can do white... no clear and it will turn yellow from dust and dirt... or powder coat it...
black is the easiest..

ceta if its not done...

do the side markers and third brake light but leave the tails IMO... looks much better IMO..

black rims with polished lip..

!side molding and !Trans Am..

tint... you better already have that...

black decal on front bird, white on rear center filler and black the PONTIAC on the rear bumper...
Old 04-27-2009, 03:02 PM
TECH Regular

I already have done the side molding! .....Side markers black on front and black next....CETA semi gloss black no clear coat next..... I want to polish center peice on the back..... and VHT my tails and leave the reverse lights alone if possible......WHITE intake manifold after sanding it down then followed by clear coat.....never thought of the black bird on the front bumper.......black TRANS AM on the side soon.....possible filler on the back in black........ I guess ill leave the intake alone and start the outside in one shot...

-Black semi gloss CETA
-Side markers sanded and VHT'd
-Third brake sanded and VHT'd
-Taillights VHT'd
-Black center peice polished and decal delete
-Black trans am on sides
-filler in the back with black (pontiac)
-front bird black

SUGGESTIONS/COMMENTS?

why do most of the vht tail light look like there covered over and the reverse lights are not even there (indentations) ????? I want the clear reverse lights in my blacked out tails..
Old 04-27-2009, 05:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dub.ya.es.SICK

why do most of the vht tail light look like there covered over and the reverse lights are not even there (indentations) ????? I want the clear reverse lights in my blacked out tails..
because its not night shade...

they are using actual covers... like you buy from autozone or the same..

with the spray you can see indentions and what not...
Old 04-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Launching!

if anybody is interested in emblems u need to check out www.emblempros.com or u can visit their thread here just do an advanced search for dragonz28 as a user and it pop right up for you. they have some good **** and they can custom just about any emblem you want and as far as i have the seen the cheapest by far (like half of the others out there). i just ordered a stock style nose emblem but in stainless and says LS1 instead of the Chevy bowtie.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:12 PM
Launching!

Ok well since I have so many white and black fans in here. I was thinking about a rim scheme like this a while back. Have the spokes painted half white half black powder coated and leave the dish/lip and center piece chrome. I made a poorly done paint of my car with them. I just did the rear rim.
Attached Thumbnails White TA paint mods!!!!-w-b-rims.jpg  
Old 04-30-2009, 02:23 PM
TECH Regular

i thought of it but white on rims i dunno id have to see a white rim to see it.....if anything black spokes and a white lip would look good with some chrome in there...
Old 04-30-2009, 05:55 PM
Launching!

I also thought about powder coating completely black, maybe a chrome lip and then doing a white line up each spoke.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JoeKnowsBaseball
I also thought about powder coating completely black, maybe a chrome lip and then doing a white line up each spoke.
if it was the size of a pin stripe i think it would look badass imo. that is what you should do.

Quick Reply: White TA paint mods!!!!