Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

I need some advice guys

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 12:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question I need some advice guys

hey guys, here is the deal..i have owned this car since it has had 19 miles on it....i am sad to say that on easter i wrecked it pretty bad....
well last saturday i went to st louis and got a 98 sport gold metallic roller that is in pretty good shape....here is my delima.....i am not a fan of the gold too much...due to the fact that i have had a hugger orange car for the past 10 years.....its pretty hard to part with....so....should i paint the gold car, move on to another color, or buff out the car and see what the gold has to offer after a little work...also, after all of the parts are transplaneted into the gold car....is the hugger car worth trying to fix?/????
thanks for your help...
oh and if you wanna see more before and after pics go to
www.fquick.com/ls1leadfoot
check out the GOLD CAR on fquick

thanks
john
Attached Thumbnails I  need some advice guys-camaro-wrecked-011.jpg  

Last edited by ls1leadfoot; 05-06-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would keep that car no matter what, do the transplant yourself and do some killer mods like going wider out back maybe adding some vents or something on the gold one and turn your hugger orange into a track monster.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:14 AM
Launching!

you wrecked it ... now rebuild it ... and make it better, keep the gold; gold !!!
Old 04-29-2009, 06:41 AM
Teching In

Keep the GOLD, not many were made...but I'm just a little biased

Old 04-29-2009, 07:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ls1leadfoot
hey guys, here is the deal..i have owned this car since it has had 19 miles on it....i am sad to say that on easter i wrecked it pretty bad....
well last saturday i went to st louis and got a 98 sport gold metallic roller that is in pretty good shape....here is my delima.....i am not a fan of the gold too much...due to the fact that i have had a hugger orange car for the past 10 years.....its pretty hard to part with....so....should i paint the gold car, move on to another color, or buff out the car and see what the gold has to offer after a little work...also, after all of the parts are transplaneted into the gold car....is the hugger car worth trying to fix?/????
thanks for your help...
oh and if you wanna see more before and after pics go to
www.fquick.com/ls1leadfoot
https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-...l#post11465727
there are pics of the roller.....

thanks
john

everytime i see a wrecked f-body...

you can rewbuild it, you have the technology. you can make it faster, stonger, and better!
Old 04-29-2009, 11:10 AM
TECH Resident

right on guys appreciate all the info....i am still lost on wether or not to try and fix the orange car with the parts that are useable on the gold one.....everyone is telling me to CLIP the car...but with a ton of power i am not too confident on having a clipped front end....i dont know...this is the first accident i have ever been in so i am still a little in shock...
Old 05-06-2009, 04:52 PM
TECH Resident

ok keeping the gold and going to get another ss hood for it, get it buffed out and painted and keep the rare color scheme....so far i have 2 of the rarest of all colors for fbodys.....going to get the swap started this weekend...ordered bumper cover today
Old 05-06-2009, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

build a track car out of it