Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Got my website up!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 11:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool Got my website up!

Well... after many many many revisions, and still currently finishing some things here and there... I've gotten about 75% of my new website up. Let me know what you guys think...

I should have my reel/work up in the next 6 weeks... also hopefully I'll be graduating about then as well...

www.wesvfx.com

Last edited by Soul TKR; 05-01-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good and is easy to navigate. Nice Job. Was website design a class you took or just a hobby?
Old 05-01-2009, 01:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by chellzers
Looks good and is easy to navigate. Nice Job. Was website design a class you took or just a hobby?
Thanks chellzers!

no... wasn't a class I took. But it's sort of something we have to know from time to time in the field i'm in... I can "design" a website, no problem... it's making it functional and making all the buttons actually work that's giving me the problems I've had some help with this one luckily...
Old 05-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Launching!

Dude, you have a good eye for design! It almost makes up for the chin-strap beard!

Haha, I kid. Seriously though, you might want to think about making your text actual HTML text, rather than embedded in the photoshop file. It's industry standard and it's good for search engines. Google would have a hard time finding your site as-is. Hit me up, I might have time to lend a hand.

B
Old 05-01-2009, 03:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by brandotron
Dude, you have a good eye for design! It almost makes up for the chin-strap beard!

Haha, I kid. Seriously though, you might want to think about making your text actual HTML text, rather than embedded in the photoshop file. It's industry standard and it's good for search engines. Google would have a hard time finding your site as-is. Hit me up, I might have time to lend a hand.

B
Yea... I used a combination of Photoshop, Flash, and Dreamweaver...

I put a ****-ton of "tags" on the page... for locating it through google. They aren't really working as of yet, but I was told that's because it's a new site and google works off of a "popularity" type thing so, after a while the tags should start to work once more and more people start visiting the site.

as far as the beard... I have no jaw line!!!! so i gotta fabricate one
Old 05-01-2009, 10:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice. Only thing I would change is to make the text on the front page easier to read like your resume page.

X2 on what brandotron said. Not only for search engines but also to make it easier on you when it needs changing. Otherwise you'll be searching around for that photoshop file.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Addict

looks good for what it is... my clothing label (Sommer86 clothing) is looking to re-do our website.... hhhmmmmm.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:16 AM
TECH Junkie

thanks for the tips and comments guys... i'll keep those in mind of the next series of facelifts

Quick Reply: Got my website up!