LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

I need to vent...WTF is with craigslist!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 06:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need to vent...WTF is with craigslist!!

so i posted up awhile back askng if this setup would work on an LT1...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...-question.html
so I met the guy (who happens to be a pretty high up guy in the local camaro club), checked out the exhaust setup (still installed on his car), and decided i would buy it. He said he was going with a dual exhaust setup, but he wasnt installing it until he sold his old setup. We set up a day that we would both go down to the exhaust shop, he was gonna get the old setup cut out of his car and then i was gonna get it installed in mine, then he would put in his duals.
Then a few days before our agreed upon meeting date, he calls and says that hes gonna do his exhaust on thursday instead of saturday because he has to fly to Hilo for a job. So i asked him if he could ask the exhaust shop if he could leave the setup there so we both wouldnt have to lug it around in our camaros. He then says that the shop proabably wont want to do that because of liability. I then told him to call me when hes done so i can get the setup and pay him. Later that same day, he calls me (around 7) and tells me that hes near my house and that he left the exhaust setup at the shop, but he needs to get the money from me. I then told him no because i couldnt call the shop to make sure its there, and i dont want to pay him without knowing where the **** is. He then gets defensive and swears at me and says i told him to leave it there and its not his fault, and if the exhaust "by some strange chance" is missing, its between me and the shop and not him. Long story short, i refused to pay him that day.
The next day i called the exhaust shop and they say all of the stuff is there. I then call the guy and told him to meet me at the exhaust shop so i can check out all the stuff and then ill pay him. He agrees. He then called me right before we were supposed to meet, and says that his dual exhaust setup is too loud for his neighbors and that he has to put the old kit back on. To summarize the ending, the exhaust shop was owned by the guys friend, and he never even removed the old setup! he was gonna take my cash and then fly to Hilo and **** me over! now im really depressed because i was really looking forward to that setup, and im even more depressed because i dont want to be in a camaro club that has a guy like that heading the group...
moral of the story...you cant hustle a hustler
...i feel better now...anybody else got stories?
Old 05-02-2009, 07:06 PM
12 Second Club

Thats brutal dude, good thing you were smart enough not to pay him before you got the setup.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

This will most likely get moved, you really need to be careful, but you did it right, he got pissed because he couldn't scam you, it really has nothing to do with Craigslist, E-Bag has scammers too, so does Racingjunk, but you played it smart on your part, its a shame people are like this, but i will say, there are still ALOT of decent people out there & won't rip you off.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Launching!

smart of you not to pay right away, theres some fucked up people out there
Old 05-02-2009, 07:37 PM
TECH Addict

That sucks bro...That's why there is PHK!!! It's in my sig...check it!
Old 05-02-2009, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

I agree with LM97Z...im gonna edit the title, because i have had some good deals on craigslist
Old 05-02-2009, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chevy2808
I agree with LM97Z...im gonna edit the title, because i have had some good deals on craigslist

Yeah, now if we are talking who has the most killers, Craigslist has them beat , i still can't believe that **** happened .
Old 05-03-2009, 01:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

glad you didnt fall for it, there can be some good deals on there but just like any site there's the A$$holes that make a living off doing that crap

Quick Reply: I need to vent...WTF is with craigslist!!