Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

SNL performance, or Vette owners with monster clutches in a C5 Vette inside please.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SNL performance, or Vette owners with monster clutches in a C5 Vette inside please.

So there is a clutch sale for monster clutches on the Corvette forum. I currently have a 99 C5 Vette twin turbo making 750/7xx to the wheels on high boost. I run around at 600 rwhp on normal driving. Car is not tracked, but I might make a run or two sometime. Currently have a Textralia oz700 and I hate the damn thing. Chattered since day 1, didnt engage right, bought a tick adjustable which helped but it's still not right.

I understand that the new .5 clutches are guaranteed not to chatter. Is that an actual factory guarantee or just saying that the way they are built that they shouldn't chatter?

What stage would you recommend for my app and can you characterize drivability of the different stages. Also any info on the .5 series would be appreciated as it doesn't seem like your website has much info on them.

Thanks
Old 05-08-2009, 10:55 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The sale on the Corvette Forum is over.

Give me a call at the shop to discuss your needs, we'll get you pointed in the right direction.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:57 PM
Launching!

Don't take this the wrong way, but my needs are listed above. Need something to hold up to 7xx TQ, in a street Corvette. Have as much drivability as possible, and no chatter.

Will you be putting the .5 clutch info on your website?
Old 05-09-2009, 10:36 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by flynbludream
Don't take this the wrong way, but my needs are listed above.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you just screwed yourself on that one. I am pretty sure he was telling you to call so he could work a "deal" with you without telling the whole world about it.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:44 AM
FormerVendor

Don't take this the wrong way, but my needs are listed above. Need something to hold up to 7xx TQ, in a street Corvette. Have as much drivability as possible, and no chatter.

I'm not sure what you mean by not taking that the wrong way... you asked a legitimate question about a clutch... what would be wrong with that?

I'd recommend the 3.5, the info on the 3.5 will be on our site next week.

If you will give me a call at the shop we can further discuss your questions, the numbers you are making is not a problem for our clutches.

Steve Addison
SNL Performance/Monster Clutch Co.
817-750-2000
Old 05-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Teching In

You should have just called Steve so he could discuss the specifics with you
he is a good guy to deal with. Takes to long to have type written discussions on all the options and specifics that exist.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:47 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Stairman
You should have just called Steve so he could discuss the specifics with you
he is a good guy to deal with. Takes to long to have type written discussions on all the options and specifics that exist.
Thanks man, I guess I should have been a bit more specific, my mistake.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:47 PM
12 Second Club

Besides the fact that Steve is so busy, you guys are lucky that he even makes it on here to answer questions. He knows his **** though, and his clutches will hold up in your car.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:19 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by hivoltagedriver
Besides the fact that Steve is so busy, you guys are lucky that he even makes it on here to answer questions. He knows his **** though, and his clutches will hold up in your car.
Thanks Jason!

I will say that of course I stay busy with owning and operating two companies, however, I'm never too busy for customers or people in general! If you have a question shoot me a pm, it make take a couple of days but I will reply, otherwise, the best way to get a hold of me is through the shop phone.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:55 PM
Launching!

Looking forward to the info on the 3.5. The main thing I want to know is if there is a no chatter guarantee. I don't doubt the power handling capability, but if I get another chattery non disengaging clutch I'm going to beat it with a hammer and sell my car.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:34 PM
FormerVendor

Looking forward to the info on the 3.5. The main thing I want to know is if there is a no chatter guarantee. I don't doubt the power handling capability, but if I get another chattery non disengaging clutch I'm going to beat it with a hammer and sell my car.
LOL, the .5's all have a no chatter guarantee and we've already started shipping them. Look for our all new website that will feature all of our new setups to be up and running very, very soon!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know everyone is different but how do you have a 700+ horsepower car and care about chatter? Granted I personally don't care much about extra NVH when installing parts as long as they work, but sometimes you have just to deal with it. And lets not forget, we drive Corvettes and F-Body's, they're rattle boxes to begin with.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:36 PM
TECH Resident

Steve @ SNL is hands down the most helpful shop/company owner ive ever dealt with. Answers all my questions, you cant go wrong with his clutches
Old 05-19-2009, 02:03 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by bmxer8699
Steve @ SNL is hands down the most helpful shop/company owner ive ever dealt with. Answers all my questions, you cant go wrong with his clutches
Thanks man!
Old 05-19-2009, 10:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Grifter
I know everyone is different but how do you have a 700+ horsepower car and care about chatter? Granted I personally don't care much about extra NVH when installing parts as long as they work, but sometimes you have just to deal with it. And lets not forget, we drive Corvettes and F-Body's, they're rattle boxes to begin with.

Don't know about your car but mine was never a rattle box. The chatter is not as big of an issue as the shitty disengagement and therefore inability to shift at high RPMS. It makes the car a bitch to drive and not fun. I don't want a fast non fun car. .02c
Old 05-20-2009, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't know about your car but mine was never a rattle box. The chatter is not as big of an issue as the shitty disengagement and therefore inability to shift at high RPMS. It makes the car a bitch to drive and not fun. I don't want a fast non fun car. .02c
I got ya.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:32 PM
FormerVendor

Makes sense and I don't blame you a bit.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:54 AM
Launching!

You guys are killing me with no .5 info on your website especially with the sale going on.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:03 PM
FormerVendor

The info is up on the website. www.monsterclutches.com
Old 06-15-2009, 12:18 PM
FormerVendor

You guys are killing me with no .5 info on your website especially with the sale going on.
Pricing is up, I'll finish writing the descriptions this evening.