Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP Rumbler True Dual

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 04:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default TSP Rumbler True Dual

I just purchased the above exhaust system. I am trying to install it on my car. The headers I have are Hooker LT's. Can anybody offer any tips on the fitment of this system. I know I am going to loose quite a bit of ground clearance, but when we were trying to install it last night, we were going to have barely any if no clearance. The big hurdle I saw was the torque arm. Most of the pics I have seen have been on cars with aftermarket torque arms. I never made much notice to that until I was looking at the pics again last night.

Again any assistance or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just take your time. I've got mine installed with a stock torque arm for now. There is some added clearance with an aftermarket torque arm but they fit ok with the stock one. Also make sure that the X is not upside down.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Trust me were taking out time. If you have some pics of the install you can share, that should help. The 2 major hurdles are like I said before the torque arm, and also the left side header. I lose a lot of clearance there.

When you did yours I assume you removed the back crossmember from the frame?
Old 05-08-2009, 08:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When you say "left side header", do you mean the driver or passenger? The kit is designed around a stock torque arm so there shouldnt be any fitment issues. Its a little confusing getting the pieces all lined up just right, but once you figure it out it should all slip right together. I had my system on Pacesetter headers and the fit was great.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry, Drivers side header. The problem we were running into was that the drivers Hooker header kind of points up at the floor. The pipe end up hitting the floor pan and dictates the height of how the system will be. The X pipe is a bit off center (i dono if thats how it should be, but with the vehicle on jackstands the torque arm is very much in the way. Now maybe instead of putting the rear jackstands on the frame hard points, I can try to put them under the axel to take the torque arm out of the equation, but I fear the torque arm slamming into the exhaust at some point.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Again if anybody has pictures on how you did it that would be a great help.

Also what kind of clearance are you guys getting with the exhaust as well?
Old 05-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Launching!

I put flanges on the end of my headers and then on the exhaust so I could remove it easier. With the flanges it would tap the floor board at an idle but I had a pretty aggressive cam. I was using a BMR torque arm so I cant comment on the stock one. I was using a lift to install it though so that made it much easier.

As for ground clearance I was happy because I was expecting it to be horrible but I had no problems and at the time I was living in an apartment that had a ****-ton of speed bumps.

I no longer have this car so I dont remember every thing about it. I had some pics of the ground clearance I will try to find them.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Launching!

Here you go

Hope these help
Old 05-09-2009, 10:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

.bump
Old 05-09-2009, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

I had some of the same problems, mine rests on a brace on the driver side and rattles some, planning on just wedging rubber in there when I get the time. Also I jacked up the rear end to load the suspension then jacked the duals up as high as I could and tightened everything. I didnt flip my fule line and it sits real close to that and the torque arm but unless i jump my car or something it shouldnt ever unload enough to be a problem. Been driving for a while and no issues yet except that damn rattle. I plan on fixing that and retightening everything soon now that summer break is here! Hope this helps.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks.....If you have some photos to post as well, please do I we can get this thing on there.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:48 PM
12 Second Club

Checkout my sig dude.

Or click right here.

I took a bunch of pix when I did this one with my QTP's.

Last edited by DirtyJohn; 05-09-2009 at 06:50 PM. Reason: sorry, you said Hooker, not kooks.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Absolutely awesome write up, that will help tons. Thanks.