Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Bradenton grudge racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 12:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bradenton grudge racing

hey guys, just wondering how the Thursday night grudge racing is at Bradenton. Are there a lot of cars? Street or racecars? Track prep? And do they post times? I like bringing a few friends with me but I know it's a bit boring for them of the times never get posted (like runday Sundays, I've been to a few of those), thinking about going soon, and just trying to see what the general concensus is, thanks
Old 05-11-2009, 03:33 PM
On The Tree

I'm heading there for the first time with SCFBA on Saturday. 6 Fbodys as of now from our group are going if you'd like to come and join us then.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's ok, the track prep is mediocre. Car turnout is hit or miss. They show the times unless you don't want them to.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:58 PM
9 Second Club

All the grudge racing will probably be taking place Sunday. Atleast all the big money grudge races. We'll be there Sunday.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:44 AM
11 Second Club

cool, thanks for the info, I dont think im gonna be able to make it this week, but should be soon.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i went to TNT last thursday night. track was as bad as i have ever seen it. i hope BMP gets their **** together. runday sunday, i hear, are much much better.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
i went to TNT last thursday night. track was as bad as i have ever seen it. i hope BMP gets their **** together. runday sunday, i hear, are much much better.

Todd could really give a **** anymore....treats the sportsman racers like crap & is so stingy on prep it appears he is trying to tie OSW as the track that wrecks the most cars (and of course fatalities come with some of them). To bad, used to be a great track....one of the best in the SE when Wade Rich ran it (he is now at SGMP), but even the head of the staging lanes has been a royal dick to the veterans that have given their loyalty there for decades.

Just have to see what happens in the future. In the mean time, Ralph Hester and IMRR runs one of the best 1/8th mile operations around and truely DOES appreaciate the racers that drive the distance to spend their hard earned money w/him. THATS where I would suggest making the effort to meet. BMP kicking out lifetime supporter & one of the best footbrakes in the world out a few weeks ago was the last straw in my book.....Manny is one of the most respected in the Easern US and has always defended BMP & Sunshine in the past as well as won them regional championships for decades.
Sorry for the rant, but a good track going to crap & treating those that have been its life blood like **** sucks big time. (ben nobody ever thought they would here this from me after all the years supporting them!)
Old 05-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Teching In

I have to agree with this. Even though it was fine for the average Joe like me, it was almost suicidal for the fast cars (like gator). 2 big boys hit the wall last week and it was not pretty. Hell, my stock WS6 would get a little out of shape 1/2 way down in the left lane.

As far as the numbers, this past Thursday was not too bad at all. Most were a mix of American and Rice street cars with a few big dogs there, and a good number of bikes. Compared to 3 other tracks I ran at (Red River, Texas Motorsports and Hallsville), they kept things going and were pretty helpful and friendly. I don't know about the sportsman racers though, but I am sure TLewis would have a good grasp on that.

Overall, not a bad track for the average street driven car, but if you are fast, I would look north.

Quick Reply: Bradenton grudge racing