post midnight 1320

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 10:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default post midnight 1320

I hope everyone had a great time.

The weather was nice and cool, and the wind died down quite a bit towards the later part of the night.

The turnout was great, we had nearly 800 spectators and 155 drag racers!

That being said, I want to apologize for anyone who had to wait as long as they did to run. We were doing the best we could with that amount of people that were there. We had a few cough ups with people breaking off the line that we had to contend with, but the crew got it cleaned up and had everyone moving in no time.

The track prep last night was great, I had a alot of good feedback and quite a few people stated they did a personal best.

- I want to hear from you guys on track prep as well though, Feel free to comment on any problems you might have had last night so we can address them for next time.

Few things that I want to focus on next go around:

The line to get in,

We need to think of a way to get people in the gates quicker. If I have to hire a few people to hand out tech cards and take cash to bring in 3-4 people at a time I will do that.

The wait time to race,

I am open to ideas on how to improve pushing 150+ people through the track. When you have that number and add a few mishaps (which happen). There is nothing really I can think of to move people quicker.

- We left the track open a little longer so everyone had a chance to run as much as they want, and if we need to open the track a little earlier so there is a better time span for everyone to run im open to that as well.

Index racing,

I had a few people comment on doing index racing at the next event. We may focus on an event to cater to just this. Maybe even have a money pay out for first and second place?

Tshirts,

Had a few people ask about tshirts, We will have them for our next event.

Money payouts,

This is something we are working on. We might have an event that focuses just on this and limited to X number of cars.

Again thank you everyone for coming out and supporting the event. We are 3 for 3 for the midnight 1320 I hope everyone had a great time and if you have pictures or videos please post them up!!

Thank you to the LMP crew for doing a hell of a job!!

Regards
G
Old 05-31-2009, 11:07 AM
10 Second Club

Sounds like it did well, I will try to make the next one. I have a few things to finish up on my vette.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a great time last night,I would love to come back next time
Old 05-31-2009, 03:15 PM
Launching!

Track prep was good.ran my best time so far 12.9@110mph in my 98 pewter s10.Good job guys,I'll be back next year hopefully with better times.Mike
Old 05-31-2009, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

any vids?
Old 05-31-2009, 03:42 PM
Teching In

we had a great time last night but the wait getting in was long, you could use a second ticket booth that's for sure.running a couple of index groups would be nice too, i enjoyed seeing the 6.20 group run good fast cars running door to door and the bike group that ran was great to see also.keep up the good work and keep asking for input and this event will just keep on growing!
Old 05-31-2009, 11:01 PM
Teching In

you shoud call the cars to the lanes in ET groups. Just go when your group is called and won't have to wait as long, Also better racing to watch door to door like GTO said. Not sure about getting in though. 2nd ticket booth
Old 06-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

a 2nd ticket booth would help move the line alot quicker.

aside from 3 dollar 20oz coke it was a good event, looking forward to the next 1
Old 06-01-2009, 08:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

I was there on a bike, but with the limited turnout for that I'd say skip the bikes next time. Especially since there were no classes for that - free for all. While watching some of the drag-specific cars lift the wheels is cool, since the theme is to help get folks off of the street I just wonder how much time would have been saved by trying to keep the entries more street oriented. And as mentioned, a second ticket booth line would have helped as well.

All in all I thought it was a good event with lots of spectators. There were a lot of 13-14 second vehicles there so I felt that was great since that represents the times a lot of the younger crowd there starts at before succumbing to the addiction. So good job getting them there for the exposure to a real track.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:12 AM
On The Tree

I haven't run out at Sealy since you hosted Judgement Day a few years ago. I used to run out there regularly, with a much slower car, when the original owners of the track were running bracket events. Track prep this weekend was AMAZING. That was the best hook I've ever experienced at that track!

Last edited by Saleen91; 06-01-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Saleen91
I haven't run out at Sealy you hosted Judgement Day a few years. I used to run out there regularly, with a much slower car, when the original owners of the track were running bracket events. Track prep this weekend was AMAZING. That was the best hook I've ever experienced at that track!

Your car is simply amazing.

Thank you for coming out, I make it a point to run to the track when you line up brother!!

Thanks for all the feedback! Keep it coming!
Old 06-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Launching!

i had a great time saw some fast cars had a few beers, saleen91 and rob valden were movin out, wish my car was track ready i would have loved to have raced hopefully it'll be ready for the next one.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

and I should mention, JOSH & the LMR crew ROCK! His magic on the boost controller and ingition had my eyes sinking back into my head more and more after each pass.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Teching In

Thank you everyone that came to the May 30th Midnight 1320. This event turned out better then our expectations and were very excited with the overall turnout. Because of the turnout the HPD Staff will be making changes to keep the gate and staging lanes flowing. We don't want anyone waiting for 1 hour in the staging lanes for 1 run. That is definitely something we will remedy on the next Midnight 1320.

Other changes:

- We will be looking in preregistration with a racer cap.

- Classes will be changed.

- Ladder, bracket, or index racing will be incorporated in 1200:1320.

- Cash payouts.

- Gate operations and movement.

- Staging lane organization.

- A good point was made to keep out the dragsters out of Midnight 1320 for street cars, trucks, and bikes. While we are OPEN to everyone we will at least look at that possibility.

- Looking at getting more security to keep D-Bags and unsafe drivers in check.

If you raced in this Midnight 1320, we promised you will see changes in the next night/day race. Because you may have had a bad experience and are unhappy. Note this: HPD will do everything it can to make the changes necessary to make this a smooth and exciting event for everyone.

Good News:

- The driver and spectator attendance was massive. Things could not have turned out better for HPD's 3rd 1200:1320! There are some growing pains in this event, but we will take care of these issues on the next round. Other than waiting in the staging lanes and holding racers up due to track issues, things went very well.

- There were some really awesome cars/trucks/bikes out there. The variety and power levels were just top notch!

- Drivers: You guys really rocked Saturday night! Thank you for having positive attitudes and the will to work with us. We talked with a lot of drivers and 99.1% had good things to say about the track prep and staff. LMP has really stepped up the quality of their track prep. The track was a little loose at first but set in nicely. The track did start to break down a little bit at the end of the night, however it was still hooking up.

- Spectators: Thank you for supporting this event. We hope we gave you a good show and some close racing. There was double the spectators at this Midnight 1320 than the last one. That's just incredible folks! Thank you!

- Late Model Racecradt (LMR) and Advanced Racing Dynamics: Thanks to both shops for coming out and their continued support of HPD. It simple to see if you want to go fast! Then LMR or to the key to your speed!

- Jerry Hack and Track Crew: WOW you guys are machines! I want to thank Jerry (Firedog) and his track team for doing all they did Saturday! I would like to let everyone know they took ZERO BREAKS! Because we had so many racers, the track staff did not sit down once the entire night. They were to have a break around 9PM to rest for 30 mins. They choose to work through that break to better get racers down the track. Thanks guys!

- LMP Track Staff: We could not ask for better treatment from any Texas track. They worked with us in every way, and if there was anything of confusion or misdirection....the LMP and HPD Staff worked well getting everything done.

- Todd (Announcer): Talk about top notch! Tobb was a awesome on the mic! He was calling out ppls names, where they were from, years, and model of the cars. Really made it personalized with the drivers. Will to do whatever it took to make things work. Further the index race could not have happened without Todd. HPD really hopes we get to work with Todd again in the future!

Some Hard Work:

Garett, myself, and the HPD Staff really worked hard to bring a fun night to you guys/gals. Because of the massive turnout it pushed us to the limit. With every race we are learning how to better handle this event. I don't know what time Garett got home, but I didn't get to bed until 7AM. G and I were the last 2 to leave with Darrin (SgtC6) and I can say I was dead tired. However, I wouldn't have it any other way!

We really look forward to reorganization of Midnight 1320 and hope to bring Houston and HPD's Members something unique and FUN! The new 1200:1320 structure is already being worked on by the HPD Staff.

Thank You!:

On behalf of Garett Oliphant and myself (Troy Dixon) I want to thank everyone that made it to 1200:1320. Because of you, we are here! We promise to make the next event better for everyone. Thank you for everything.

HPD Staff.

Last edited by xtc4us; 06-02-2009 at 02:38 PM.