Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Well, selling my new SDCE/FMIC/D1SC setup, ordered F2 setup :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 04:00 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, selling my new SDCE/FMIC/D1SC setup, ordered F2 setup :)

I couldnt pass up the deal yesterday, I called Procharger and told them about wanting to change from a big turbo setup to their new F1R or F2 Cog drive transplant kit...after talking about alot of different details, options and thoughts on expected goals with the setup the sales guy said "let me talk to the big boss and ill see what I can do"...

They basically half *** sponsored me selling me a kit around cost (about 1/2 of retail). They have been wanting to get some transplant kits on independant cars. I told them I would put alot of pictures on the ls1 message boards as well as send them alot of pics etc.... I guess I called at the right time when they were looking to push the kit on the market.

Sooooo my LSx blocked deal in my foxbody stang is getting a complete F2 kit. They even polished the whole thing for free because they knew there were going to be alot of pictures posted etc... I'm stoked

I'll have it in a week or so...I'll post up a bunch of pictures of the bracketry and setup mounted on the motor as soon as it gets here. Ordered cog pulleys to spin it 32k rpm to start (10 psi probably on 440" LSx), i'll get another one to turn it up to 15-18 soon as I get it sorted out on low boost..

Hoping for 1200 rwhp on a mild tune up....goal is 8.50 since I dont want to go past a 10-point...car is too nice to cut up (factory paint mint, 20k original mile 90' LX foxbody)

Anyone looking for a good deal? Ive got a like new complete D1SC fbody kit ill be posting in the for sale section that was going to be going on my wifes car, but now selling to fund this setup. This is an ideal setup and far superior to a standard kit with the upgrades. Whole setup was mocked up on a 00 SS camaro. *edit* just posted it

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts...-upgrades.html

Last edited by SoCalSpd; 06-04-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Resident

Thats a sweet deal! post up pics asap!
Old 06-04-2009, 04:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wanna sell/trade the j-bracket/SDCE tensioner setup?
Old 06-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Banned

Price?
Old 06-04-2009, 05:40 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll going to have an awesome ride! Bob
Old 06-04-2009, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lucky!!

congrats
Old 06-04-2009, 06:59 PM
FormerVendor

This will be my first cog driven blower setup...I hope I run into no issues with anything as far as belt retention/killing teeth on it etc.

I do wish they would have had a reverse mount/rotation option. That would put the inlet pointed forward which makes the blower look killer in the engine bay and make it alot easier to plumb a intake inlet pipe to it.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like it will be nice. Not to mention a discount. But just wondering you wouldn't want any more cage? You say it is to nice but you put a LSX in it and already have a 10 point????

Good luck with it.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its going to be awesome with that F2. I got my bracket in 2 weeks ago, I got pictures in your other thread. I will be running my F1C on it for starters and hopefully upgrade next year. Can't wait to see your setup.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:18 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by NovaCain383
Sounds like it will be nice. Not to mention a discount. But just wondering you wouldn't want any more cage? You say it is to nice but you put a LSX in it and already have a 10 point????

Good luck with it.
Really the car would have been just fine with a F1-F1R i think..but the cost was identical....F2 cars at the track just sound crazy mean...guess im a sucker for that sitting at a stoplight "what the hell is that?" look.

Mainly because its a 100% street car. Im working on adapting the ls1 a/c compressor/setup to the factory mustang a/c system right now.

Car only has 20k original miles. Looks like it just came off the showroom floor...Im pretty **** about the car and just putting a 10 point in the car kills me as it is.

I basically want a factory looking car, it looks stock with a 2-1/2" hood on it with the side windows rolled up (tinted)... All business
Old 06-05-2009, 12:46 AM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

hmmm. I have the money to buy your old setup, but I put my money in the hands of my dad and I dont think I would be able to convince him that this would be a good investment right now.

Shitty part is im going to spend a lot more a year from now on the same stuff
Old 06-05-2009, 01:01 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dragframe
hmmm. I have the money to buy your old setup, but I put my money in the hands of my dad and I dont think I would be able to convince him that this would be a good investment right now.

Shitty part is im going to spend a lot more a year from now on the same stuff
Buying it cheaper now is a smarter financial decision than buying it for more in the future assuming you'll be spending more than that $ will depreciate.

Regardless, modding a car, most of the time, isn't an investment so to speak, and if so, only an investment in sanity.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:22 AM
On The Tree

About your D1SC F-body kit

I have a all stock motor with 130k on my T/a right now. With this kit here and a freshly rebuilt stock motor (we own a engine shop) how much boost/power am I looking at getting? Also what is Not included in the kit to make it work and what extras would I need as far as support for it?

I have been wanting to go FI, but am really new to it.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:50 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SteelmanLS1
About your D1SC F-body kit

I have a all stock motor with 130k on my T/a right now. With this kit here and a freshly rebuilt stock motor (we own a engine shop) how much boost/power am I looking at getting? Also what is Not included in the kit to make it work and what extras would I need as far as support for it?

I have been wanting to go FI, but am really new to it.
I would recommend running approx 500 rwhp on your stock engine. Approx 8-10 psi. Only thing that isnt in the kit because i didnt need it with my moved stock radiator/fans is the procharger fan setup. It has everything else that you would see with a standard 8-rib procharger race kit. Youll need your own fuel system parts (injectors/pump etc that doesnt come with procharger race kit anyways I believe)
Old 06-05-2009, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

How much for shipping? OK, 73010

Originally Posted by SoCalSpd
I would recommend running approx 500 rwhp on your stock engine. Approx 8-10 psi. Only thing that isnt in the kit because i didnt need it with my moved stock radiator/fans is the procharger fan setup. It has everything else that you would see with a standard 8-rib procharger race kit. Youll need your own fuel system parts (injectors/pump etc that doesnt come with procharger race kit anyways I believe)
Old 06-05-2009, 08:32 PM
FormerVendor

Goto the link in the first post if you are interested....there is alot more details in the forsale section.

Shipping is included...

Last edited by SoCalSpd; 06-05-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:17 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alright man, I'd LOVE to see pics of a procharger setup with retaining the stock fans! I have a grinder and welder available, so post up pics because I have NEVER seen it done with an LS1 fbody setup. I'm very interested
Old 06-06-2009, 12:01 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
Alright man, I'd LOVE to see pics of a procharger setup with retaining the stock fans! I have a grinder and welder available, so post up pics because I have NEVER seen it done with an LS1 fbody setup. I'm very interested
Cut the lower radiator support out, move it forward to reangle the bottom of the radiator, weld it back in.

First time I did it on a fbody, i use a spot weld drill tool and pulled it out complete then plug welded it back in.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

PM sent about your D1SC kit.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:44 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by socalspd
cut the lower radiator support out, move it forward to reangle the bottom of the radiator, weld it back in.

First time i did it on a fbody, i use a spot weld drill tool and pulled it out complete then plug welded it back in.
lets see some PICS!!!

Quick Reply: Well, selling my new SDCE/FMIC/D1SC setup, ordered F2 setup :)