Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 09:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!

The past couple weeks, randomly it becomes difficult to shift in or out of the gears. I hit the clutch and when I go to shift to the next gear, it feels resistant to pull if out of gear and is tough to shift into the next gear. Its not like this all the time. Sometimes I can hit several stoplights and it shifts through the gears just fine. Its also tough to go into reverse when I first begin to drive (after the car has been off awhile). This problem just came up randomly....what you guys think?

Old 06-06-2009, 12:19 PM
TECH Regular

Anyone?
Old 06-06-2009, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Start by checking the fluid, it should be clear. If it's not change it, go for a drive and change it again.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:51 PM
TECH Regular

anyone else? it seems only give me problems when shifting at lower RPMS....say 2500 or less.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The clutch is not fully disengaging, if it's not the fluid, then your master and or slave are going bad.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by vaticano
The clutch is not fully disengaging, if it's not the fluid, then your master and or slave are going bad.
This is actually what I thought might be happening....but wanted to see what others thought with more knowledge
Old 06-07-2009, 08:12 AM
FormerVendor

Sounds like a slave or MC (or both) going out. As said above, if fluid is OK (level and color) go ahead and swap MC first, see if that fixes, if not move to Slave. Now here is the thing...if you have any miles on it, since tranny is down, you might as well do the clutch. Again, especially if you have miles on it. If you don't...then don't sweat it.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Gen414
Sounds like a slave or MC (or both) going out. As said above, if fluid is OK (level and color) go ahead and swap MC first, see if that fixes, if not move to Slave. Now here is the thing...if you have any miles on it, since tranny is down, you might as well do the clutch. Again, especially if you have miles on it. If you don't...then don't sweat it.
Probably just stay with the clutch I have now, but the MC and SC are looking to be the culprit. Thanks guys