What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Actual selling prices for '99 Z28s???

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Actual selling prices for '99 Z28s???

Curious what they've actually been selling for? I've got the bug to get a newer truck so this toy would have to go.

See my ad and tell me what you think. I would rather see it sell quick than get every last dollar out of it...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-...ake-offer.html
Old 06-17-2009, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Aftermarket stuff does not hold value well, I would personally be all over this car except for the mods past bolt-ons.

I would say 9500 cash seems fair, as long as you find a person looking for the mods that are on the car.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:17 AM
Teching In

Seems fair, thanks for the response.

If I was to sell with only the current interior and without the second set of wheels $9500 would probably be in the ballpark. Add-ons may not hold their value but should add something to it since most of us would just add them anyways. I'm sure I have thousands in parts (less than 5k miles on most) but your right, never expected to get that all back.

So the cam is what concerns you? (only items past a bolt-on) I can assure you that with the right guy tuning this is not a concern. If you toss in a cam with poor tuning you can run into drivability problems. Thats why this car will be going to my tuner to perfect it. Not bad now, but too much of a weekend toy feel to it for me. I want to put it back to 100% drivability even with the cam - part throttle, etc. The power difference really is unmatched tho and well worth it.

If you're interested let me know.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Nice well written ad and good luck with the sale! Now the problem. You have limited yourself (due to the mods) to a very small car buying segment of young males with no loans possible unless from a family member or wealthy friend. Most of these guys have NO CASH, never mind $10,000. Your car is probably worth every penny but you might be in for a long wait. I hope you get that one special buyer looking for exactly what you have. Anything is possible but don't expect a fast sale.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NC01TA
You have limited yourself (due to the mods) to a very small car buying segment of young males
And there's another kind of market for these cars???

I see your point but why no loans? This car is eligible for loan just like any other. Sure if someone is in the market for a $5k beater this isn't for them but when looking for a nice one it seems most are willing to spend $10k. Add in that I'm a little flexible and can sell without some of the extras that gets it into a lot of people's price range...I hope.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
And there's another kind of market for these cars???

I see your point but why no loans? This car is eligible for loan just like any other. Sure if someone is in the market for a $5k beater this isn't for them but when looking for a nice one it seems most are willing to spend $10k. Add in that I'm a little flexible and can sell without some of the extras that gets it into a lot of people's price range...I hope.
I'd agree with 'most' of this.....but, what does kbb.com and/or say it's worth? I really doubt any bank would loan out $10,000 bucks for a ten year old car with that mileage. I'm not being mean or a jerk, I'm just pointing out what I think are facts.

Nice add too, by the way. Good luck!

Edit: http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...uizConditions=

Last edited by FasstChevys; 06-18-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the kind words - luck is always a bonus! i keep finding trucks I want!

I hear what you guys are saying but i guess I don't really expect this to be 100% financed. Most people sell a car to buy a new one or have other means to put a bit down. My car has a suggested KBB retail of $8500. That's for 100% stock, great condition, no add-ons. That's really not too far from my asking price (minus all the "extra" extras), not to mention if you cant come up with $2k+ to put down you probably shouldn't be buying a camaro anyways.

My bank used the retail value and not private party...
http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...rivate%20Party
Old 06-19-2009, 09:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
Thanks for the kind words - luck is always a bonus! i keep finding trucks I want!

I hear what you guys are saying but i guess I don't really expect this to be 100% financed. Most people sell a car to buy a new one or have other means to put a bit down. My car has a suggested KBB retail of $8500. That's for 100% stock, great condition, no add-ons. That's really not too far from my asking price (minus all the "extra" extras), not to mention if you cant come up with $2k+ to put down you probably shouldn't be buying a camaro anyways.

My bank used the retail value and not private party...
http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...rivate%20Party

Good call - if the bank goes off of the retail value (which I should've figured), you're probably more in the ball park........although, the fact remains it is a private party sale, and the folks looking to purchase will probably weigh that in.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:14 AM
formerly mystic-t/a (changed 02/05/2013)

Most banks now anyway only give loans for the lowest KBB private party value... so unfortunately its going to be hard to get over $9K IMO... a guy I work with picked up a LS1 TA in pretty good condition with a little less than 100K, just needs cats for $3500... these cars just aren't sellin for much right now... Nows the time to buy though... **** you can get a loaded C6 for $25k with low mileage!
Old 06-23-2009, 02:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mystic-t/a
Most banks now anyway only give loans for the lowest KBB private party value... so unfortunately its going to be hard to get over $9K IMO... a guy I work with picked up a LS1 TA in pretty good condition with a little less than 100K, just needs cats for $3500... these cars just aren't sellin for much right now... Nows the time to buy though... **** you can get a loaded C6 for $25k with low mileage!
sounds like he bought a scraper, was it on 22"?