Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Bang for the Buck Dry Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 04:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Best Bang for the Buck Dry Kit?

Sponsors feel free to PM me I am looking for the best dry kit. I have a h/c/i full bolt on 02 SS that makes 450 + rwhp on stock 346. Until I can have the motor built I am only looking to run a 100 shot. I am running 42# injectors, so what is the best kit, and what are essentials with the kit to ensure safety. I would assume window switch, FPSS, nitrous filter, etc etc.

THanks,

Jeff
Old 06-23-2009, 09:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Anyone?
Old 06-23-2009, 10:04 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are specificaly looking for a dry kit you may want to check out our dry Halo system. It offers the most reliable discharge available by completly fogging the air intake track.

Personally looking at your mod list and the HP level you are at I would suggest our wet plate system for the best results possible. The good thing about going this way is you have something to easily toon. It will support your needs all the way up to 300 hp worth of nitrous so you do not have to spend money in the future redoing your nitrous system.

Dave
Old 06-23-2009, 10:28 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002CamaroSS1982
Sponsors feel free to PM me I am looking for the best dry kit. I have a h/c/i full bolt on 02 SS that makes 450 + rwhp on stock 346. Until I can have the motor built I am only looking to run a 100 shot. I am running 42# injectors, so what is the best kit, and what are essentials with the kit to ensure safety. I would assume window switch, FPSS, nitrous filter, etc etc.

THanks,

Jeff
Jeff,

If you're looking for best bang for the buck, take a look at our single nozzle systems. If you're looking to do a traditional dry shot that relies on the MAF to pick up the additional content you're going to need something that is positionable. Using the nozzle to target your a/f by positioning it will give you the greatest range of accuracy. Another option would be to do a post maf dry shot and ditch the mechanics altogether. This of coarse would require a unit such as the Interface to control the fueling and as an added bonus you will be able to pull timing as well.

For safety, I would recommend at least a filter, blowdown tube and window switch. Now if you go with the MicroEDGE controller for a window switch, you also gain the benefits of a a/f shut down and a TPS switch (as well as a bunch of delays and gear lock-outs). Spark plugs are obviously mandatory. If you're looking for a package kit, take a look at the All-Out accessory pack for all of the safety and consistency items. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. Thanks.

Nick
Old 06-23-2009, 10:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
If you are specificaly looking for a dry kit you may want to check out our dry Halo system. It offers the most reliable discharge available by completly fogging the air intake track.

Personally looking at your mod list and the HP level you are at I would suggest our wet plate system for the best results possible. The good thing about going this way is you have something to easily toon. It will support your needs all the way up to 300 hp worth of nitrous so you do not have to spend money in the future redoing your nitrous system.

Dave
On a properly set up wet kit, with the proper safety precautions taken how much can you reduce the chance of fuel puddling?
Old 06-23-2009, 10:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Jeff,

If you're looking for best bang for the buck, take a look at our single nozzle systems. If you're looking to do a traditional dry shot that relies on the MAF to pick up the additional content you're going to need something that is positionable. Using the nozzle to target your a/f by positioning it will give you the greatest range of accuracy. Another option would be to do a post maf dry shot and ditch the mechanics altogether. This of coarse would require a unit such as the Interface to control the fueling and as an added bonus you will be able to pull timing as well.

For safety, I would recommend at least a filter, blowdown tube and window switch. Now if you go with the MicroEDGE controller for a window switch, you also gain the benefits of a a/f shut down and a TPS switch (as well as a bunch of delays and gear lock-outs). Spark plugs are obviously mandatory. If you're looking for a package kit, take a look at the All-Out accessory pack for all of the safety and consistency items. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. Thanks.

Nick
What are your post MAF kits like?
Old 06-23-2009, 10:54 AM
FormerVendor

On a properly set up wet kit, with the proper safety precautions taken how much can you reduce the chance of fuel puddling?
Everyone has theories on fuel drop out, but nothings really proven either way.

Safety accessories arent going to do anything in that department. What it really comes down to is fuel delivery. For instance, our plate has 10 fuel discharge points. This allows for greater atomization of the fuel and reduces the possibility of fuel drop out. With the 360 degree perimeter design it also flows with the incoming air and produces a conical spray pattern to reduce turbulance. All of this add's up to a delivery system that dramatically reduces the chance of any fuel puddling in the intake.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:59 AM
FormerVendor

What are your post MAF kits like?
What info would you like about them? they basically look just the same as the wet plate kit. Only difference is you will have one solenoid instead of two. You have an option of T-ing off the solenoid and running two lines into the plate. That gives you a combined 20 discharge points, overkill for most shots. The plate can flow in excess of 500hp, so you wont have to worry about ever being limited by the system

The dry plate kit also includes the interface A/F controller. This is what you will use to control the fuel side of the shot rather then relying on the MAF sensor. You set the interface to the corresponding shot size you are running. So if you have 150 jets in, you set the dip switches on the interface to 150. From there you dial in the A/F by increasing or decreasing the amount of fuel via the interface. The interface also functions as a timing device. Right out of the box it can pull 3 degrees. With a small amount of tuning, it'll pull any amount you want reliably and consistently.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:04 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is no such thing as fuel puddling. Anyone that says there is, has no idea what they are talking about. The only way you will see a puddling issue is if the tune up was so rich the car was stumbling on itself due to way to much fuel.. You have to keep in mind. That that mixture goes in the intake track and out the exhaust in a matter of seconds. The LS1 intake design works very well with a properly designed wet system. I am currently alittle busy but before you set your opinion on much of the misleading and poor advice given here on this forum shoot me a pm and let me better explain somethings to you.

Dave
Old 06-23-2009, 11:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Awesome thanks for all the good info guys.