Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Detailed: 2005 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Detailed: 2005 GTO

Alright, Had a chance to do a buddy's GTO today along with his lightning. Was a little surprised at the amount of swirls given it has under 4000 miles and only been washed like 3 times. It was a Barnyard Ebay find. He found in Georgia with 2800 miles on it. Original owner never even washed the car, just sat in his garage!

Here are some before and after pics, was in a rush for time since I was doing his lightning too so I didn't snap too many pics. PM me for information if need be.

Before:

After:

Last edited by black00ssFL; 07-06-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Making full use of the new daily I see. How much would it cost me to have you detail my TA, no matter what I do it never comes out looking that good; maybe I'm just doing it wrong?
Old 07-05-2009, 11:20 AM
12 Second Club

Nice, let me know when your hanging out at the house, I bring the Caddy by. You can give me some tips to get it looking this good. I do have the full Zaino kit too.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Launching!

Wanna do mine? lol.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:34 AM
On The Tree

The T/A needs to be wetsanded and polished since it was painted about 3 months ago.. a few small runs need to be sanded down as well and polished.. PM a price or whatever to wetsand and polish the whole car...
Old 07-06-2009, 09:59 AM
10 Second Club

Black is the best looking color hands down when cleaned, looks like you did a very nice job.

Maybe a nice hand glaze would help out on the rest of the micro fine scratches.

Is there something that I am missing about the center stripe on the lower spliter?
Old 07-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good eyes sean. Always good to see other detailers work!! Nice job mate.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RsSean
Maybe a nice hand glaze would help out on the rest of the micro fine scratches.
Which fine scratches? I think you might be talking about the ones in pics 5 and 6? If so those were before pictures. I went ahead and edited a space between pics and bolded the after as to make it more visible. I looked at the post again and can see how it looks all clumped together if you're just quickly scanning through it.

I'm not a fan of glazes in the traditional sense of the term. By that I mean an oil based product that simply fills in the scratches temporarily. It's a term that's kinda just thrown around now, so I don't know if that or an actual polishing glaze . I know companies like meguiars use the term for both polishes and a true glaze. For instance their #7 is an actual glaze and called showcar glaze, and it has no polishing attributes. But, their #3 is also called a glaze, but it does have some polishing attributes to it.

Originally Posted by RsSean
Is there something that I am missing about the center stripe on the lower spliter?
I know it's an aftermarket front splitter. I don't know if it's new or used, or where he got it from. I can ask him tonight though.

Quick Reply: Detailed: 2005 GTO