Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitrous problem

I have a 100 shot set up in my WS6, I tested it the other day and it ran good!

But I think I blew a spark plug because there is some rattling going on and a little loss of power. Im getting the car checked out this week.

Here is my question why would my plug break like that if it is that. Like I said It t hasnt been checked yet I am having a mechanic check it.

Also i called Nitrous Express they said that Ls1's should be left at the stock timing for running up to 150 shot with premium fuel.

Does any one else run stock timing with theier ls'1 !!
Old 07-02-2009, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blkramair

But I think I blew a spark plug because there is some rattling going on and a little loss of power. Im getting the car checked out this week.

Here is my question why would my plug break like that if it is that. Like I said It t hasnt been checked yet I am having a mechanic check it.

Also i called Nitrous Express they said that Ls1's should be left at the stock timing for running up to 150 shot with premium fuel.

Rattling????

I have never heard of a blown spark plug causing a rattle. Maybe a lifter or a spun bearing. I wouldn't drive it to the mechanic.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Like stated above a melted plug wont cause the motor to rattle. Normally with a rattle comes a spun rod bearing, lifters or something to do with the pistons.

Detonation is normally the plug killer. Which is caused due to a lean condition < Lack of fueling > or to much timing. Odds are that cylinder was lean. I would need more info to be more precise

-Chris
Old 07-07-2009, 08:10 AM
10 Second Club

Mine had 4 melted plugs once and actually idled fine. It was just down on power. I would tow it to the mechanic also.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:14 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you use the recommended jetting? If so it was probably too fat. Too fat and over timed is a BAD deal.....

Being over timed is the plug killer. I guarantee that if he was using the recommended jetting it was WAY too fat over timed.

How much of the plug is gone? If you got into the porcelain then it probably got in between the valve and the seat. or smashed a ring land.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blkramair

i have also heard the same thing. i also heard it from another vedor as well. now i dont know, but i was pretty sure that the stock tune a gto (ls1) would be fine(thats whay i have). i was pretty sure that i was told that the ls1 fbody guys couldnt do that. i dont know, ill be finding out soon though.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

What plugs are you running? Stock ones or did you move up to the NGK TR6s?
Old 07-13-2009, 12:18 PM
Teching In

I am running NGK TR6 Plugs..