Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Colorado Emissions testing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 10:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Colorado Emissions testing?

So how strict is emissions in Colorado? I'm movin there at the end of the month and I need to know if a y-pipe with cats and catback system on a H/C/I will pass emissions. I'm currently running duals dumped. I imagine since I'm OBDI that I'll need to pass a sniffer test. Any tricks? What about emissions on cars from the 60s or early 70s? Is there an exemption for them?
Old 07-07-2009, 11:39 AM
11 Second Club

It depends what county you are moving into. Currently Weld, Larimer and a few others don't require testing (although the ******* in government decided to require it again in 2010). The Denver area has a fairly strict testing program, you can read about it here: http://www.aircarecolorado.com/
Old 07-07-2009, 05:22 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks man, I'll be moving to Denver this Friday but leaving the Camaro in Ga for a few months. I haven't decided if it'd just be easier to sell and just start over.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Teching In

If your car is registered in another state where its not required( IE your parents house) you dont need the emissions testing. I live in colorado springs and my car is registered in florida. In FL theres no emissions testing. So I dont have to do it here
Old 07-07-2009, 08:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

theres no emissions in the springs anyways
Old 07-08-2009, 09:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by paytonjump
If your car is registered in another state where its not required( IE your parents house) you dont need the emissions testing. I live in colorado springs and my car is registered in florida. In FL theres no emissions testing. So I dont have to do it here
Alright little slow here tonite, lol. So say I get my parents to tag and ins vehicle in Ga and I get a Colorado Driver's license, what kinda of trouble can I get in? I know I can tell the cops my dad is letting me borrow car till I can get mine repaired and get away with it for a short time but eventually the local cops will recognze me and car. Then what? Granted it wouldn't be a daily driver so that help keep them at bay for awhile. Emissions bite!
Old 07-08-2009, 10:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DanWS6
(although the ******* in government decided to require it again in 2010)

Although this may or may not affect me.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

They can't put emissions back on Ag counties, it will break everyone. Safe bet, and I have never had to test anything I've registered. Thank god.

Quick Reply: Colorado Emissions testing?