General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

code p0300 and some other ish...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default code p0300 and some other ish...

My first problem is I had my cap and rotor replaced along with a rear 02. Beforehand I was getting a code p0300 and the car barely ran, sputtered, and backfired all the time. When I replaced the cap, rotor, and 02, it ran better but Im still getting the p0300 code, and it only misfires within the 1500-2000 rpm range. After 2000 rpms the car runs like a champ but still feel sluggish and also smells like raw gas. What can I check to get rid of this problem???

My other problem happened yesterday. As I was driving through a heavy *** downpour my battery gauge dipped all the way down to the quarter mark. I had the AC, radio, headlights, and wipers on. I also replaced my alt. a few months ago too. Im thinking a ground wire might be loose but if anyone can chime in let me know.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:58 PM
On The Tree

anyone?
Old 07-10-2009, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

I guess no one really carescan anyone move this to the lt1 section?
Old 07-11-2009, 12:10 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by t/afrom504
My first problem is I had my cap and rotor replaced along with a rear 02. Beforehand I was getting a code p0300 and the car barely ran, sputtered, and backfired all the time. When I replaced the cap, rotor, and 02, it ran better but Im still getting the p0300 code, and it only misfires within the 1500-2000 rpm range. After 2000 rpms the car runs like a champ but still feel sluggish and also smells like raw gas. What can I check to get rid of this problem???

My other problem happened yesterday. As I was driving through a heavy *** downpour my battery gauge dipped all the way down to the quarter mark. I had the AC, radio, headlights, and wipers on. I also replaced my alt. a few months ago too. Im thinking a ground wire might be loose but if anyone can chime in let me know.
P0300 being a multiple cylinder misfire i believe?

Do you have a scanner? First i would look for obvious ****, like a vacuum leak causing it to run like *** near idle. I would look at short term fuel trim to see whether you have a intake leak problem. they should stay relativly Steady around +/- 5% see where they are at idle and then see what happens when you rev it up.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

I know for sure that a mechanic said I have a intake gasket leak. But I dont even know what that is?
Old 07-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Staging Lane

That may explain your problem .

its the gasket sealing your intake manifold to your cylinder head. IF it is leaking its letting more AIR into the cylinder then the Mass air flow has accounted for and is most likely causing your miss.

From the sounds of it i would take it to a reputable shop depending on your mechanical knowledge
Old 07-12-2009, 02:40 AM
On The Tree

how much yall think it might cost to fix
Old 07-13-2009, 06:31 PM
On The Tree

Well I got electrical system checked. I had to replace my battery. And then the rubber piece that connects my pcv to the intake was melted, so I replaced that. The car definitely rides a little smoother and picks up quicker but its still missing slightly. Maybe I'll get someone to scan it for me to see what the real problem is