Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

removed front sway bar

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 12:35 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removed front sway bar

i removed my front sway bar in order to get better weight transfer. now i am getting side to side WITHOUT putting the front sway bar back on?

Last edited by kalebm22; 10-22-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Put the swaybar back on
Old 07-10-2009, 09:13 AM
TECH Resident

If you want weight transfer try other suspension components like shocks and springs. IMO these cars don't turn worth a crap without a bar up front.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It's so easy to remove the front bar that you should just leave it on until you'r at the track, then remove it.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:27 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 135 Likes on 88 Posts

Here we go again... I'm sure shortly there will 20 guys in there telling the OP that it's not possible his car handles like crap with the front bar off.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 07-10-2009, 11:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you took your front swaybar off and now your car handles like crap and you want to know what to do to fix it? WOW! take the back one off too to match the front.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:57 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by puggerton03
you took your front swaybar off and now your car handles like crap and you want to know what to do to fix it? WOW! take the back one off too to match the front.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:21 PM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up UMI Performance!

Originally Posted by puggerton03
No....No....No don't do this! If you do not like the way the vehicle is performing with the sway bar off. Then put it back on. If you are looking to transfer weight look into a coil over set-up. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...q7vje6p5beclh1

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 07-10-2009, 12:26 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Brad, you know puggerton33 was kidding right?
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 07-10-2009, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
Brad, you know puggerton33 was kidding right?
True, but I guess someone has to say it or people might go try it!
Old 07-10-2009, 01:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah i was kidding. put the swaybar back on and just unbolt one side when going to the track.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Is there a better option?

Trailer your race car.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:15 PM
10 Second Club

Must be a full moon. Get a set of ***** and drive the car grandma. You guys and your sway bars kill me.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 03 BUSA
Must be a full moon. Get a set of ***** and drive the car grandma. You guys and your sway bars kill me.
Notice how no one really told him his car was unsafe. He took his swaybar off and complained his car was swaying around. We're just trying to help him fix his problem
Old 07-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Restricted User

wow im impressed with the feedback you guys gave me. which was crap. i run the car on the street and it just absolutely wont hook up with the front sway bar connected. i do not run thhrough corners fast so that doesnt bother me. i just wanted to know if there was something i could do to get rid of the shimmy it gets at hhigh speed going in a straight line. if you dont have any advice then dont comment because i dont car what remarks you have. i already have coil overs on the front and adjustable ones out back. they do not transfer the weight when the front sway bar is connected and i do not have time to stop and disconnect the bar when i pull up beside someone on the street.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:22 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 135 Likes on 88 Posts

For the love of God....

Pick your poison my friend. You COULD do what I recommend in these cases and leave the bar hooked up for the street and disconnect on endlink for the track there by not having the "sway" and getting your weight transfer, but then you didn't ask that--and every other time one of us mentions that we get blasted for it.

Your choices are very, very, very simple. Put the bar on, leave it on. Take it off, leave it off, or leave it on and disconnect it.... you decide.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 07-10-2009, 04:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

oh my ******* god... really? this again

you have 2 choices, the car handles like a VW bus and has so much better weight transfer... or it handles like a fbody should, and launches decently. pick one
Old 07-10-2009, 04:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by kalebm22
i removed my front sway bar in order to get better weight transfer. now i am getting a horrible side to side sway at high speeds. is there anything i can do to fix this. or is there a better option?
wow im impressed with the feedback you guys gave me. which was crap. i run the car on the street and it just absolutely wont hook up with the front sway bar connected. i do not run thhrough corners fast so that doesnt bother me. i just wanted to know if there was something i could do to get rid of the shimmy it gets at hhigh speed going in a straight line. if you dont have any advice then dont comment because i dont car what remarks you have. i already have coil overs on the front and adjustable ones out back. they do not transfer the weight when the front sway bar is connected and i do not have time to stop and disconnect the bar when i pull up beside someone on the street.
You took off your anti-swaybar and now you get sway at speeds and want to know how to fix that?
Everything you do to get more weight transfer is going to hurt your higher speed stability. Your best bet is to get stickier tires...

Originally Posted by 03 BUSA
Seriously dog, real men don't even drive with front tires, save some weight everything is in a perfectly flat, strait line in this world.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:59 PM
TECH Regular

removing the front bar is for HARDCORE racers only...LOL
Old 07-10-2009, 07:16 PM
10 Second Club

You asked a really dumb question dude. Not us. The only thing that might help not fix but help slightly is da shocks set real hard to help stiffen up the car again. But you are talking 1200 in shocks to do this.

Quick Reply: removed front sway bar