Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Removing master cylinder line from transmission?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing master cylinder line from transmission?

Did a search, looked through the stickies nothing is posted on how to remove the braided line that connects into the drivers side of the transmission. People explain about it, but never explained exactly how to disconnect the line. I looked all over that area. The connector/fitting kind of looks like a fuel line connector where you would pop in a tool to disconnect it, but I don't think that's how it works.

So how do you disconnect this master cylinder braided line from the trans? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:20 PM
TECH Regular

Anybody? Anyone know what I'm talking about? I don't know how to disconnect that brass fitting from the master cylinder braided line off the trans (drivers side).
Old 07-10-2009, 10:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

push the whole line into the trans and while doing so push the plastic ring on the outside in. then the line should pull right out
Old 07-10-2009, 10:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1BADAIR
push the whole line into the trans and while doing so push the plastic ring on the outside in. then the line should pull right out
Awesome man, thank you very much. There is always something when doing a project lol. This was the one thing that stopped me from literally being able to pull the trans in a day. God damn was that thing a little bitch lol. You really have to muscle that little plastic clip in there. Got it tho.

Thanks again

Last edited by Bones Z28; 07-10-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the OTC tool(ford one) for it.
I have also found that some of those C-wrenches that come with die grinders work well too
Old 12-26-2010, 01:38 PM
TECH Resident

Back from the dead on this one...
Do you guys think that if I take out that white piece and use a plastic fuel line disconnect tool the same size that it will work? I'm having a hell of a time getting this thing off. That POS is really in there.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

If you have an advance auto or non GM slave there is a little metal clip on the outside of the female adapter on the slave use a screw driver and lift is up a bit then slide the plastic piece in it takes a bit but dont completely take the clip off it would require the trans to come off to get it back on.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:39 PM
TECH Addict

the advance auto slave style is a PIA, especially because the instructions don't tell you which way to install it. mine is in backwards so instead of just being able to push the one side with a flathead (essentially pushing the clip FURTHER on) the bellhousing gets in the way of the ends and doesn't allow it. I have to use a long flathead and a pick to spread it and then also pull out at the same time.

my trans is coming out tomorrow because either my advance auto slave or advance auto clutch failed, so either way I'm spinning that stupid thing around, or just replacing it with a GM one
Old 01-02-2011, 03:36 PM
On The Tree

I just got the gm one and it is nice. So much easier to install and remove the hyd line. I just gotta figure out what is messing with my system not allowing my clutch to not disengage.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:53 AM
Staging Lane

when you guys buy a slave for the clutch buy a 2002 one or a corvette one, they are the better ones

Quick Reply: Removing master cylinder line from transmission?