Truck broken into

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 06:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck broken into

Well during the night my truck was broken into right infront of my house. They stole my headunit, sub, and amp. They punched out my lock. That is one of many break ins just in my neighborhood. There have been 2 car thefts and 8 wheels thefts just in my neighborhood. I have a bad feeling that they will be coming back for my wheels. I am going to be parking in the garage for the next few days but i am picking up my camaro during the week and thats going straight into the garage. I live in a nice neighborhood and i live on the 2nd house right off of a main road. I just moved in 6th months ago and it has really gone down hill. Its really sad that its like this but from what i have been told by the police its like this every where. Everyone keep your stuff locked up!
Old 07-18-2009, 06:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

what part of dfw you at?
Old 07-18-2009, 06:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Last I remember he lived in Lewisville?

Sorry to hear the news man.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Reject
what part of dfw you at?
Lewisville. I live kind of by 99ProblemZ just down by the cemetery.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
Last I remember he lived in Lewisville?

Sorry to hear the news man.
Yeah it sucks but i am just glad my truck is still here. I was down in San Marcos last week, i kept my eye out for you but didnt see you.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately it happens everywhere, including nice places. In fact living in a nice place has a distinct disadvantage as no one wants to go stealing garbage from the ghetto. The key is for the criminal to look at your house and think to themselves "Huhm, there is a gun in that house and a redneck who won't hesitate to use it. Maybe this ain't a good idea." It works for me pretty well.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS1nterceptor
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately it happens everywhere, including nice places. In fact living in a nice place has a distinct disadvantage as no one wants to go stealing garbage from the ghetto. The key is for the criminal to look at your house and think to themselves "Huhm, there is a gun in that house and a redneck who won't hesitate to use it. Maybe this ain't a good idea." It works for me pretty well.
Well i knew it always happened in the nice areas but i moved from the safest city in the state and it had been for the 10 years that i lived there so I am not use to this.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Unfortunately aftermarket head units just make you an easy target for criminals. Look inside the vehicle and they can clearly see you have a system (even if its detachable). I keep the stock head units in my past vehicles for this reason.

Sorry to hear they stole your stuff you bought with your hard earned money. I'd be watching out the window with a gun if they tried to come back.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:35 PM
TECH Junkie

time to break out the ol' persuader...

Old 07-18-2009, 10:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JScamaro
Unfortunately aftermarket head units just make you an easy target for criminals. Look inside the vehicle and they can clearly see you have a system (even if its detachable). I keep the stock head units in my past vehicles for this reason.

Sorry to hear they stole your stuff you bought with your hard earned money. I'd be watching out the window with a gun if they tried to come back.
I usually only keep the stock headunit in because i find aftermarket to be ugly and i prefer the factory look. But i had a flip up touch screen unit laying around and had never used it so i threw it in. I will only be running a stock unit now and I am going to hide the Amp and sub a little better if i possible.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by irbs
Lewisville. I live kind of by 99ProblemZ just down by the cemetery.
I appreciate the heads up. I'll keep an eye out for these ********
Old 07-19-2009, 03:04 AM
Staging Lane

Happend to my brother's Dakota in Friendswood last night...

Busted out his driver window and stole his head unit.

Some people are just scum man.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:01 AM
Launching!

Sucks man, hate to hear it.

My girls car got broke into off of antoine and 290 last friday night, this is the second time in a year. first time was in pearland. Both times 3 ppl were present in the houses, and both times it was just after dark.

broken windows both times, 1st time was her purse, this time was her head unit (dropped the actual faceplate, so its useless to them) ipod, and radar detector, and the mount for the gps (no gps in the car)

trash is trash, and espescially with the economy, theft is on the rise.

and to top it all off, the houston police wouldnt even send an officer out, you can now only file phone reports....wtf, thanks tax dollars
Old 07-19-2009, 09:13 AM
TECH Resident

Where in Lewisville? I'm around the Vista Ridge area, but moving to Grapvine because of the same reason. It seems lots of questionable people are moving into the area.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:47 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ulakovic22
Where in Lewisville? I'm around the Vista Ridge area, but moving to Grapvine because of the same reason. It seems lots of questionable people are moving into the area.
I live north of main street. Kind of by the lowes and home depot thats right off 35. I remember you hanging out with me and 94trans at the craker barrel show a couple years back.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I live near downtown Dallas in a nice area and they jacked my Escalade right out of my driveway with a tow truck. I have two dogs that bark at everything and no one heard a thing. Sorry to hear they're hitting in the burbs also.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 99FRC
I live near downtown Dallas in a nice area and they jacked my Escalade right out of my driveway with a tow truck. I have two dogs that bark at everything and no one heard a thing. Sorry to hear they're hitting in the burbs also.
That's crazy! Where are they getting the money for a damn tow truck? I think I might stay up for the next few nights to see if I see anything suspicious.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:29 PM
TECH Resident

Money for a tow truck....they probably stole it and then dumped it. When motorcycle thieves steal bikes most of the time they will steal a mini van so they can just grab the bike and toss it in and drive off. Drive somewhere to meet someone to transfer the bike and leave the minivan.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:34 PM
TECH Resident

gun time. im serious too my house just got broken into a few months ago. so i know how you guys feel. I hate theives with a passion
Old 07-19-2009, 02:44 PM
TECH Resident

We have 2 shotguns but my parents are big into guns so they wont be used.