Look what UPS dropped off today...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Look what UPS dropped off today...

MPT76, 72 Compressor, 100 A/R Exhaust, Q-Trim, T4

Attached Thumbnails Look what UPS dropped off today...-img_1854.jpg   Look what UPS dropped off today...-img_1855.jpg   Look what UPS dropped off today...-img_1857.jpg   Look what UPS dropped off today...-img_1858.jpg  

Last edited by Vcious04; 07-28-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:18 PM
TECH Addict

This turbo will put a smile on your face.Ask me how I know
Old 07-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Launching!

weak!
Old 07-28-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 8urls1
This turbo will put a smile on your face.Ask me how I know
I can't wait man! I have not been this excited in a LONG time! I was actually watching your video on tame to wild, thats a bod ****!

I am hoping I can make 650ish 8-10lbs and maybe 750-800 on 14-15lbs. I am keeping the SS a 6 speed and mostly stock on outside (becides wheels) and am going to run a stock muffler with a cutout on the downpipe similar to yours. Would be nice to keep the attention off and creep around quietly.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did the UPS guy leave it under the door mat also?

That's cool, I have been wanting to build my own kit for the T/A. Any pointers?
Old 07-28-2009, 11:50 PM
TECH Regular

wheres the box????? lol. thats sick man
Old 07-29-2009, 07:01 AM
On The Tree

Did you drink that Dr. Pepper to make sure you were awake and not just having a dream..
Old 07-29-2009, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vcious04
I can't wait man! I have not been this excited in a LONG time! I was actually watching your video on tame to wild, thats a bod ****!

I am hoping I can make 650ish 8-10lbs and maybe 750-800 on 14-15lbs. I am keeping the SS a 6 speed and mostly stock on outside (becides wheels) and am going to run a stock muffler with a cutout on the downpipe similar to yours. Would be nice to keep the attention off and creep around quietly.
What size motor are you going with again? have you thought about how back pressure is going to play a role, especially with a T4 flange.

Looks like we’ll have to run each other when both are up, although I think you’ll finish yours before mine
Old 07-29-2009, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TINKRD
What size motor are you going with again? have you thought about how back pressure is going to play a role, especially with a T4 flange.

Looks like we’ll have to run each other when both are up, although I think you’ll finish yours before mine
Yeah, man JP, I have been studying up, reading a bunch of crap blah blah and have a few buddies that are heavy into turbo'd vehicle's and have my science down to a t.

I am going with a pretty stock 04 lq4 motor with exception of scat rods, diamond pistons/rings, arp rod bolts, cometic head gaskets, stock 317 heads with 918 springs, TSP PR's, a small little .586 .586 cam, ls6 intake, 60lb injectors, bbk tb, devils meth kit, misc stuff.

With this combo it has been duplicated and proven to be a easy 600-650ish rwhp on low boost (8lbs) running this turbo with 2.5" hot pipes, 3.5" dp, 3" IC pipping, jgs wastegate/b/o valve. The best part about this whole thing is the $$$.

With all things considered I am only spending $5k total for engine/turbo/fuel/pipping everything. But then again I am paying $0 for labor doing it myself. I also bought a bunch of crap used that saved me some change. I will be very happy even with 600rwhp due to this swap is only costing me about $600 out of pocket (sold my motor for $3875 and exhaust for $625) which before I was running 436rwhp. I will keep you posted and yes, looks like we might be going 4 wide including a heavy nitrous car (Wizeass).
Old 07-29-2009, 10:48 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah, man JP, I have been studying up, reading a bunch of crap blah blah and have a few buddies that are heavy into turbo'd vehicle's and have my science down to a t.

I am going with a pretty stock 04 lq4 motor with exception of scat rods, diamond pistons/rings, arp rod bolts, cometic head gaskets, stock 317 heads with 918 springs, TSP PR's, a small little .586 .586 cam, ls6 intake, 60lb injectors, bbk tb, devils meth kit, misc stuff.

With this combo it has been duplicated and proven to be a easy 600-650ish rwhp on low boost (8lbs) running this turbo with 2.5" hot pipes, 3.5" dp, 3" IC pipping, jgs wastegate/b/o valve. The best part about this whole thing is the $$$.

With all things considered I am only spending $5k total for engine/turbo/fuel/pipping everything. But then again I am paying $0 for labor doing it myself. I also bought a bunch of crap used that saved me some change. I will be very happy even with 600rwhp due to this swap is only costing me about $600 out of pocket (sold my motor for $3875 and exhaust for $625) which before I was running 436rwhp. I will keep you posted and yes, looks like we might be going 4 wide including a heavy nitrous car (Wizeass).
Give me your damn oil pan will you? I can't find one at a good price. lol
Old 07-29-2009, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by edzsilverss
Give me your damn oil pan will you? I can't find one at a good price. lol
Man I saw one in the for sale section not to long ago for like $80. I'll keep an eye out for ya! I take it SQR hasn't done much with it without an oil pan? You might check with RPM in lewisville and see if they have one laying around.

Also, check with Greenleaf auto recyclers or LKQ.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:17 AM
TECH Regular

Man I saw one in the for sale section not to long ago for like $80. I'll keep an eye out for ya! I take it SQR hasn't done much with it without an oil pan? You might check with RPM in lewisville and see if they have one laying around.

Also, check with Greenleaf auto recyclers or LKQ.
He has not done much with it yet. I can't afford to buy new parts and I still need a starter as well. This sux. I'm out of money and rental car. i'm starting to think I should have just went back with a stock motor or something different now. Way, way cheaper. I see a complete engine in the for sale section on LS2 now with only 10k that made 440 rwhp for only 2,300. Oh well. It is what it is.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

He has not done much with it yet. I can't afford to buy new parts and I still need a starter as well. This sux. I'm out of money and rental car. i'm starting to think I should have just went back with a stock motor or something different now. Way, way cheaper. I see a complete engine in the for sale section on LS2 now with only 10k that made 440 rwhp for only 2,300. Oh well. It is what it is.
what happened to your old motor?
Old 07-29-2009, 11:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TINKRD
what happened to your old motor?
It was hydro locked and busted into several pieces. The oil pan was busted and there were at least four holes in the block. The starter was in three pieces as well. I tore the **** out of it and what insurance covered was a joke. I'm out of my pocket well over 1,000 dollars already and still don't have a running car.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

It was hydro locked and busted into several pieces. The oil pan was busted and there were at least four holes in the block. The starter was in three pieces as well. I tore the **** out of it and what insurance covered was a joke. I'm out of my pocket well over 1,000 dollars already and still don't have a running car.

Ok. Just wanted to make sure. I was up there talking to Daniel about that block. It was FUBAR’d for sure. He did mention the insurance company bending you over backwards on it too.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Pet snail?
Old 07-29-2009, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn dude, I thought you got a great deal. It does suck that the insurance co jacked you around man. You never know what your buying not knowing the person, so that deal on LS2 might not be whats it cracked up to be. My stuff was nice. I tried my best to help you out that why I only charged an extra $100 for the lid, k&n and maf. I will be glad to help you with what I can, if I had an extra oil pan I would give it to you.

I will keep you in mind if I come across a pan.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

did u get it from rob? what was the total price shipped.
im going with same exact turbo on my iroc.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i was thinking that the turbine housing came with v band flange, not 4 bolt
did u get the turbine flange also? what size dp u plan on running?
Old 07-29-2009, 01:26 PM
TECH Regular

Damn dude, I thought you got a great deal. It does suck that the insurance co jacked you around man. You never know what your buying not knowing the person, so that deal on LS2 might not be whats it cracked up to be. My stuff was nice. I tried my best to help you out that why I only charged an extra $100 for the lid, k&n and maf. I will be glad to help you with what I can, if I had an extra oil pan I would give it to you.

I will keep you in mind if I come across a pan.
Don't get me wrong man I love the fact that I checked out your engine and that it was in great shape. The heads alone are worth over 2k. Well worth the money. I too think I got a good deal. I'm not upset with you at all. Just a little pissed at the insurance company. I'll get back some money from all my other mods and such i hope. You must give me a shout when you get your beast together. I'd love to take another ride in it then.