Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help buying clutch

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 08:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help buying clutch

I been sitting on buying a new clutch for the last month. The problem is there are 2 great clutches for sale around the same price; LS7 w/alum flywheel for $559.95 and Monster stage 3 for 679.99. Once i add the price of shipping, pilot bearing, and clutch alignment tool the price balloons to $618 for the LS7 clutch. As of right now until the end of July the Monster clutch is 679.99 shipped so i really dont mind spending $60+ for a better product. I usually put around 20-30 drag races on my clutch a year. My mods are in my sign.

The Question:

1. Will the LS7 clutch hold up over time compared to the Monster clutch with my setup?
Old 07-30-2009, 08:39 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by wymanh
I been sitting on buying a new clutch for the last month. The problem is there are 2 great clutches for sale around the same price; LS7 w/alum flywheel for $559.95 and Monster stage 3 for 679.99. Once i add the price of shipping, pilot bearing, and clutch alignment tool the price balloons to $618 for the LS7 clutch. As of right now until the end of July the Monster clutch is 679.99 shipped so i really dont mind spending $60+ for a better product. I usually put around 20-30 drag races on my clutch a year. My mods are in my sign.

The Question:

1. Will the LS7 clutch hold up over time compared to the Monster clutch with my setup?

Hi there. Of course, I am an advocate of Monster CLutches for obvious reasons.
The Level III is one tough hombre, and our most popular Level, and we have LOTS of these clutches out there, with all kinds of data to support it. Drag? Check. Street? Check. Road Racing? Check.
If you decide to go that route, I assure you , you WILL be happy.
If there is ANYTHING I can do for you, give me a call/pm/email....whichever works better for you!
Thanks
Old 07-30-2009, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure that the Monster will hold up better and longer. But I think it depends on what your going to use it for. Street (DD) or strip or both? If it's going to be a DD and no race or strip time then I would say the LS7 but that also depends on the power your putting down also. But if your going to the track alot and dumping the clutch at high rpm's then you might want to get the monster. But beware of the monster cause like they said their clutch will find your weak link and it did on one car on a thread on here. No downing montser by any means actually that's great work. Just my 2 cents from what I've been reading.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:49 AM
Launching!

if you're going to the track, get the monster...

Last edited by thatguy383; 07-30-2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: grammar sucks...
Old 07-30-2009, 12:27 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That, to me, is comparing apples to oranges.

Our clutch is built for high hp and abuse, the LS7 is a stock clutch.

I would recommend our setup for how you are going to be using your car, without a doubt the Level 3 will get it done and outlast the LS7 setup.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:10 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

Thats what i wanted to hear, that it would outlast the LS7 clutch. I changed out my last clutch with a LS6 about 3years ago and would love for this to be my last clutch doing. So wish me well and thanks everyone for the responses.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey SNLPerformance on yall monster clutch like level 3. How does the pedal feel? Is it like alot stiffer than the stock pedal of an LS1 clutch or does it feel like an LS7 Clutch pedal? I dont know if they feel any different because I've just got an LS7 clutch installed and I will get the car back tomm. But I would just like to know for future reference cause I've heard nothing but good things about the One eyed green Monster. How are they on the strip? On a mustang dyno I'm making 377rwhp and 365rwtq I'm not a strip guy but I love just hauling on the freeway.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:17 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by thewholefnshow1
Hey SNLPerformance on yall monster clutch like level 3. How does the pedal feel? Is it like alot stiffer than the stock pedal of an LS1 clutch or does it feel like an LS7 Clutch pedal? I dont know if they feel any different because I've just got an LS7 clutch installed and I will get the car back tomm. But I would just like to know for future reference cause I've heard nothing but good things about the One eyed green Monster. How are they on the strip? On a mustang dyno I'm making 377rwhp and 365rwtq I'm not a strip guy but I love just hauling on the freeway.

YOu will get a few different responses, but in general, most will say, a SLIGHT increase in pedal effort over teh LS7.

Strip...Level 3, you ask? Well, it's a.......MONSTER of course!

Seriously, it is a GREAT track clutch that can be driven on teh street with no problems, and probaly why it is the most popular (even though the Level 2 is pretty darn close in popularity)

Any more questions, feel free to fire away!
Old 08-05-2009, 12:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thewholefnshow1
8% stiffer than stock and most can't tell the difference. They are designed to take a tremendous amount of abuse on the strip and the street.

Go with one of our units, you won't be disappointed!

Quick Reply: Help buying clutch