9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default madman front travel limiters.

How much shock travel?

I need to keep mine down so I can bracket race
Old 08-02-2009, 12:11 AM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would start by limiting the front end an inch from full travel. That makes a huge difference. Without having any details of the car or issues you are having, that's just a starting point really.

If you are going on the bumper then I'd start with 3" of travel max, to be on the safe side. Always tune to the safe side.

You can also give Madman a call and he can get you real close with more info.

G/L
Old 08-02-2009, 08:07 AM
9 Second Club

problem is it is pulling the tire up and out of the beam and I cant get on the tree...and it never does the same thing twice, so wherever I leave at on the bulb it will do something different. It leaves good and pushes on out abouit 40' before it sets down but it is not working for brackets racing.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:18 PM

How consistent are your 60fts? That plays a huge role in reaction time consistency, but if you are trying to get consistently closer to the tree then the limiters will help and safe wear and tear on your front shocks. If you have adjustable front shocks, tightening them up will help get you closeras well. The next option would be a smaller front tire.

The limiters will make the biggest difference though.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

why not just detune so there is not as much travel since you are just bracket racing
Old 08-02-2009, 11:08 PM

I think he's trying to get closer to the tree as in better green lights. Detuning would hurt the reaction time since the car would be slowing down at the hit.

Another option is to load the converter up as much as you can while still controlling the car when staging. The less rpm gap between your staging rpm and converter coupling point, the quicker the car will hit the tree.

FWIW- We use a low rpm shift light and set our staging rpm to come on when we prestage. This allows us to stage at the same rpm each time. Leaving at the same rpm and the same spot in the beams will really help your 60ft and reaction time consistency.

G/L
Old 08-03-2009, 12:04 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by TXCAMSS
I think he's trying to get closer to the tree as in better green lights. Detuning would hurt the reaction time since the car would be slowing down at the hit.

Another option is to load the converter up as much as you can while still controlling the car when staging. The less rpm gap between your staging rpm and converter coupling point, the quicker the car will hit the tree.

FWIW- We use a low rpm shift light and set our staging rpm to come on when we prestage. This allows us to stage at the same rpm each time. Leaving at the same rpm and the same spot in the beams will really help your 60ft and reaction time consistency.

G/L
good idea on the light. I run footbrake class.
If I am just a little off on my RPM I will flash the converter and it wheels up. But I am thinking if I tie the front down it not going to throw the wt to the back tires and hold it there b/c I am low on hp.

I will try a few things
Old 08-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Launching!

Do you run a 2-step? if so make a swing at it.

Adjustable timing control? if so retard a little out down low.

Leave your nitrous timing in it for bracket racing.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:52 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

I thought Madman told me to only allow three inches of travel but you should just call him and he will tell you. His coaching helped me cut a 1.35 on dr's after just making one adjustment to the limiter and one to the shocks.

Quick Reply: madman front travel limiters.