Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need help asap.. Anyone please help. Slave cylinder grommet missing.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help asap.. Anyone please help. Slave cylinder grommet missing.

I need to get a hold of a grommet that goes into the slave on an LS1 T-56. I pulled everything apart a while back due to some leaking and the grommet is actually deteriorated and torn.

The slave is fairly new, and this little grommet is the only thing keeping me from getting this car back on the road.

If anyone knows where I can find one, or has one, please shoot me a PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SLCKLS1
I need to get a hold of a grommet that goes into the slave on an LS1 T-56. I pulled everything apart a while back due to some leaking and the grommet is actually deteriorated and torn.

The slave is fairly new, and this little grommet is the only thing keeping me from getting this car back on the road.

If anyone knows where I can find one, or has one, please shoot me a PM.
If you can't find this grommet individually let me know, I sell brand new Fbody slaves for $70 with free shipping right now!
Old 08-11-2009, 04:55 PM
On The Tree

Its the grommet that goes in here:

and slides on the end of this...

Ive tried O-ringing it and it wont work. I really need the actual grommet.

Thanks everyone.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:59 PM
FormerVendor

I MIGHT have one at the shop. I got to head back up there tonight, and will check for you. Can let you know this evening @ 9:30-10:00 central time when I get back home. If I have it, and you still need it, I will get it sent out to you, express delivery. On me.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Gen414
I MIGHT have one at the shop. I got to head back up there tonight, and will check for you. Can let you know this evening @ 9:30-10:00 central time when I get back home. If I have it, and you still need it, I will get it sent out to you, express delivery. On me.
wow I'd reeeeally appreciate that. thank you, you know the trans is probably going to need a rebuild soon, I will definitely go through you. If you have any shop stickers please send one to me I will put it on my car to help advertise
Old 08-11-2009, 05:39 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SLCKLS1
wow I'd reeeeally appreciate that. thank you, you know the trans is probably going to need a rebuild soon, I will definitely go through you. If you have any shop stickers please send one to me I will put it on my car to help advertise

You bet, anytime....let's just hope I have it. If you want to, go ahead and send me a PM with a name/address, that way you will be easy to find, and I will have your info, and I can get it out to you first thing tomorrow morning. Again, IF I have one. I am pretty sure I do, but not 100%...so, hoping I am not letting you down if I don't....

You know what, do this....call me in about 1 hour (it's @ 5:40 Central time right now), and I can let you know for sure then...number is below.
Derrick
Old 08-11-2009, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

PM Sent..

Thanks again man! Super cool!
Old 08-12-2009, 08:02 AM
FormerVendor

Done deal. Good talking with you last night SLCKLS1....gonna get this sent out to you Express Mail this morning. Need anything else, let me know. GL

Quick Reply: Need help asap.. Anyone please help. Slave cylinder grommet missing.