General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help me please! Car won't start!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me please! Car won't start!

This is the worst week ever!

I had to get my trans rebuilt(again after only a year) and I was bring it home to S.A. from DFW, and it was fine the ENTIRE trip. Then, when we exited in San Antonio, rpms just fell and it died. I went back up there this morning, and it's turning over, but no go. New battery, same thing. I checked/switched relays, same thing. I'm thinking fuel system, so I go and bleed the shreoder(sp?) valve to see if there's any gas in the lines and NOTHING. Not a drop. Nada.

So tomorrow when I get home from work, I'm going to replace the fuel filter, maybe its clogged. But then I'm just thinking ahead what else could it be? Fuel pump? Anything else?

Any help/suggestions is appreciated in advance
Old 08-18-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

Zero fuel pressure says bad fuel pump.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:44 PM
TECH Resident

My car did the EXACT same thing to me about a week ago, it was the damn Walbro 255 in my car. It's your pump. Check your fuel pump fuse in the fuse box under the hood, I had to turn the key to the "ON" position a bunch of times until I heard the pump come on, now it works fine, not sure what the problem is but I am going to replace the pump here next week.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was afraid of that. I know you need to drop the tank to do it. Does anyone have any tips for the install? Maybe a write up lol? Sorry this is from my iPhone so search is hard to do
Old 08-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Launching!

you actually don't technically have to drop the fuel tank. I had a friend cut about a square foot section of the sheet-metal from in the trunk to get to it from the top.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I just checked with AZ. They want 400 bucks for the fuel pump. WTF? Do I really need the entire assembly, or can I just buy one of the ones off of ws6store?
Old 08-19-2009, 12:38 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Scira
I just checked with AZ. They want 400 bucks for the fuel pump. WTF? Do I really need the entire assembly, or can I just buy one of the ones off of ws6store?
You would be nuts to buy a factory stock fuel pump. Get a Racetronix fuel system, it'll be cheaper and much better. Plus, if you ever decide to build a 600 RWHP engine, you're all set.

They are a sponsor here and if I remember, the entire system from battery to fuel tank is under $300.00. I think its $210.00, their site is confusing.

I have a Racetronix on my 427ci for 7+ years now, its great.

(just make sure your problem isn't a fuse or relay first)

Racetronix:
http://www.racetronix.com/RX-F99-FPKG-2.html

Last edited by LS6427; 08-19-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS6427
You would be nuts to buy a factory stock fuel pump. Get a Racetronix fuel system, it'll be cheaper and much better. Plus, if you ever decide to build a 600 RWHP engine, you're all set.

They are a sponsor here and if I remember, the entire system from battery to fuel tank is under $300.00.

I have a Racetronix on my 427ci for 7+ years now, its great.

(just make sure your problem isn't a fuse or relay first)

also you can cut the floor if you search for the thread on where to cut but i know they are in two different spots depending on your year
Old 08-19-2009, 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies guys. I just ordered a walbro 255. I found the thread about cutting the floor too. Looks pretty straight forward, just have to be careful around the lines and wires