Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What FRC's will fit an LS1 in an F-body?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 03:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What FRC's will fit an LS1 in an F-body?

I know the FRC's off an LS1 'Vette will fit well (with minimal work) on an LS1 F-body...but do any of the other FRC's fit also? GTO, or LS3 Vette, etc?
Old 08-26-2009, 03:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

depends how much modding you want to do but yes, gto covers fit but don't look as good as the vette covers.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by hlaalu
depends how much modding you want to do but yes, gto covers fit but don't look as good as the vette covers.
I guess that's part of my question....how much work is needed on FRC's that aren't the LS1 Vette?

I'm sure with enough bubble gum and duct tape anything would "fit"...but I'm looking for stuff that looks good and fits reasonably well with not too much hacking.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FormulaZR
I guess that's part of my question....how much work is needed on FRC's that aren't the LS1 Vette?

I'm sure with enough bubble gum and duct tape anything would "fit"...but I'm looking for stuff that looks good and fits reasonably well with not too much hacking.
isn't your mod philosophy bash to fit?

there is a thread on here somewhere for the gto covers. you will to need do some cutting for the oil dipstick, the throttle cable bracket that connects to the intake, fuel lines, and egr (if you have all that crap still)
Old 08-26-2009, 06:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Both of those plastic covers look like crap to me...just clean up your engine a little by getting some of that crap off the top and you will be surprised on how good looking a ol LS series engine can be.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:04 PM
11 Second Club

isn't your mod philosophy bash to fit?

there is a thread on here somewhere for the gto covers. you will to need do some cutting for the oil dipstick, the throttle cable bracket that connects to the intake, fuel lines, and egr (if you have all that crap still)
Well yea! ...but not if it's gonna look like crap when I'm done. I can't quite picture the GTO FRC on my car, I think it'd be too blocky. The LS3 FRC seems to go lots cheaper than the LS1, so I thought I'd try that...but again, I've never seen the LS1 and LS3 side by side to see the diff.

As far as just cleaning up the engine bay, it looks good; but I have removed the Formula emblems from the door and wanted to use them under the hood on the FRC's. My idea is a silver intake manifold, silver FRC's, black Formula emblems on them, and 5.7 removed and replaced with either 6.3 or 383.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by slt200mph
Both of those plastic covers look like crap to me...just clean up your engine a little by getting some of that crap off the top and you will be surprised on how good looking a ol LS series engine can be.
Awesome answer to his question!

Originally Posted by FormulaZR
Well yea! ...but not if it's gonna look like crap when I'm done. I can't quite picture the GTO FRC on my car, I think it'd be too blocky. The LS3 FRC seems to go lots cheaper than the LS1, so I thought I'd try that...but again, I've never seen the LS1 and LS3 side by side to see the diff.

As far as just cleaning up the engine bay, it looks good; but I have removed the Formula emblems from the door and wanted to use them under the hood on the FRC's. My idea is a silver intake manifold, silver FRC's, black Formula emblems on them, and 5.7 removed and replaced with either 6.3 or 383.
This guy painted the covers two different colors, where that blocky part is.

Here is a different thread, these came out really nice for a camaro though https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...il-covers.html
Old 08-26-2009, 09:19 PM
11 Second Club

Awesome answer to his question!

This guy painted the covers two different colors, where that blocky part is.

Here is a different thread, these came out really nice for a camaro though https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...il-covers.html
Those look nice, thanks for the link.

Any idea if LS3 covers are that much diff?

Quick Reply: What FRC's will fit an LS1 in an F-body?