Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Modded The V With FRC's

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modded The V With FRC's

Well I seriously haven't modded my V for the last year or so. I think the last modification I made was Hawk brake pads and fluid. So I thought I was time to tidy up the engine compartment.

So I looked on Ebay and all of the prices for fuel rail covers are pretty outrageous. I did a search on google and I bought the FRC's from Summit Racing for $48 a side. They were shipped to my door in one day.

I followed a thread on the CadillacForums and modded mine to fit. The only difference I made, is on the drivers side nearest the fuel line, I drilled a small hole in the snap ring on the FRC and fed a tie wrap around the fuel rail and attached it. This way I didn't have to cut too much of the back of the FRC.

I am happy with the results. And yes I know, I need to clean my engine compartment a bit.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:06 PM
TECH Resident

I've got a set of black ones for sale just like that at cadillacforums if anyone wants em

I'll do $80 shipped

PS: Kurlee Daddee - Those look great! Good job. I was afraid to cut my Red ones at first but it wasn't that bad and looks 10x better than the stock trash can lid.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

someone needs to take some armorall to there plastics in the engine bay, will look like a new motor. wipe the manifold, fuse box, intake tube, FRCs and all and it works great.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deedubb
I've got a set of black ones for sale just like that at cadillacforums if anyone wants em

I'll do $80 shipped

PS: Kurlee Daddee - Those look great! Good job. I was afraid to cut my Red ones at first but it wasn't that bad and looks 10x better than the stock trash can lid.

Let me talk to the wifie! Would you hold them for me until I get word? Money is very tight now so I am going to kiss some MAJOR arzz...
Old 08-27-2009, 03:48 PM
TECH Resident

One guy said he wanted them but i havent heard back yet. Start kissin butt and ill keep you updated of what this guy says...that is if i get a reply from him
Old 08-29-2009, 10:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You got it... Ill check back with you on Monday...
Old 08-30-2009, 10:55 AM
TECH Resident

My black FRC's are gone. Sorry Adanieljohnson1.

Although, i'll have a set of RED FRC's up for sale shortly and they're already cut to fit the V.

I'll be asking $100 shipped. Brand new ones cost about $100 + shipping + you having to trim them.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by deedubb
My black FRC's are gone. Sorry Adanieljohnson1.

Although, i'll have a set of RED FRC's up for sale shortly and they're already cut to fit the V.

I'll be asking $100 shipped. Brand new ones cost about $100 + shipping + you having to trim them.

Thanks for hijacking my thread

I bought my FRC's for $41.88 per side at Summit. It was $93 shipped to my door in one day.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:13 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Kurlee Daddee
Thanks for hijacking my thread

I bought my FRC's for $41.88 per side at Summit. It was $93 shipped to my door in one day.
youre welcome and i thought typically the red ones fetch more than the black ones?

Quick Reply: Modded The V With FRC's