Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Cruise control not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cruise control not working

The light on the switch comes on, but the car never stays on cruise or the dash light doesn't come on.

I have had a code that said I had a bad clutch pedal position sensor. It actually caused the check engine light to be on. We turned the code off with HP tuners and everything seemed to be ok - but the cruise still doesn't work.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 09-10-2009, 10:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

maybe its not able to connect with that sensor since its been turned off therefore not allowing the car to be set in cruise control.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by itsslow98
maybe its not able to connect with that sensor since its been turned off therefore not allowing the car to be set in cruise control.
It didn't work before either. I first noticed it when I put my headers on and my CEL came on from not having cats. Now I have cats and my rear o2's turned off and no CEL. I'm baffled!
Old 09-11-2009, 11:41 AM
On The Tree

Its your Clutch Switch... It failed, its quite common, same exact thing happened to me.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CtsVrod
Its your Clutch Switch... It failed, its quite common, same exact thing happened to me.
Are there two of them? I mean cause the car wont start unless you push the clutch in.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon
Are there two of them? I mean cause the car wont start unless you push the clutch in.
Not sure about there being two of them... I think it automatically defaults as if the clutch is pressed in, so you can still drive the vehicle (start it) but cannot use cruise control (if you set your Cruise Control, and press the clutch in, it Shuts it off)
Old 09-11-2009, 04:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

+1 on the clutch switch... When you "turned it off" in HPT, all you did was disable the CEL for that problem. The cruise still needs a working clutch switch to function properly.

Last edited by kwiksilverz; 09-11-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:36 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CtsVrod
Not sure about there being two of them... I think it automatically defaults as if the clutch is pressed in, so you can still drive the vehicle (start it) but cannot use cruise control (if you set your Cruise Control, and press the clutch in, it Shuts it off)
There is two clutch switches. One at the bottom of the pedal travel to start the engine and one at the top do disengage the cruise control when you push the clutch in (like the brake pedal).

It may simply be out of adjustment and not making contact fully when the clutch pedal is up. The pedal may hit it, but not shove the switch far enough. The f-body upper clutch switch is threaded (adjustable) and can get screwed up sometimes.

Quick Reply: Cruise control not working