Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Raiders vs. Refs

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Raiders vs. Refs

Why is it that it seems the Raiders are not only playing their opponent, but are playing against the refs as well?

Just recent memory: "In the tuck", "Forward lateral", "Falling down and fumbling after you hit the ground" (tonight's rip-off).

You don't have to be a fan of the Raiders, but you have to recognize the fact BIG calls go against them.

Almost like new rules are invented as they play, and those new rules happen to be against them.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

karma is a bitch,
just kidding but they are getting the worst end of it.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I peronally hate them, but I did manage to catch the game and it was bad indeed.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:03 AM
EW1
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that was a bs call
Old 09-15-2009, 01:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

however i thought the chargers should have gotten a fumble call on the 3rd and 15 play where that reciver got hammered with that hit with like 2:15 left on the clock but the refs said he never has posession.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

The point I am making is that it seems new rules are made to the detriment of the Raiders.

Tuck rule: versus Pats, completely fictitious, would have resulted in a win and Super Bowl berth.
Forward lateral: Chargers player jumps up, untouched, drops the ball in celebration, guaranteed Raiders victory, Raiders recover, called a forward lateral.
Falling down continuation etc. BS: lets see where this ends up, result would have been a tied game in regulation.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:45 AM
TECH Regular

It's not just the refs who hate the Raiders. It's not just the NFL that hates the Raiders. It's not just me who hates the Raiders. Everyone hates the Raiders and I'm happy to be a part of it.

POS team.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:35 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBoy5
It's not just the refs who hate the Raiders. It's not just the NFL that hates the Raiders. It's not just me who hates the Raiders. Everyone hates the Raiders and I'm happy to be a part of it.

POS team.

Hold on bud. Everyone can say what they want. Everyone has their opinion. I hate the Chargers but they did win. But everyone on the radio is saying how bad they played. My team got the the short end of the stick today but you can not deny the fact that the RAIDERS physically dominated the Chargers today. That defensive front line completely dominated that Charger front. The rest of the defense played fairly well. The RAIDERS took out players today. LT, high ankle sprain. Completely ineffective today. Not bad for a POS team

As far as the call, I really can not see how it was NOT a touchdown. Oh well, we will see what happens in the coming weeks. However if the Chargers continue to play like this good luck making the playoffs. GO RAIDERS!!!
Old 09-15-2009, 02:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Formy
Hold on bud. Everyone can say what they want. Everyone has their opinion. I hate the Chargers but they did win. But everyone on the radio is saying how bad they played. My team got the the short end of the stick today but you can not deny the fact that the RAIDERS physically dominated the Chargers today. That defensive front line completely dominated that Charger front. The rest of the defense played fairly well. The RAIDERS took out players today. LT, high ankle sprain. Completely ineffective today. Not bad for a POS team

As far as the call, I really can not see how it was NOT a touchdown. Oh well, we will see what happens in the coming weeks. However if the Chargers continue to play like this good luck making the playoffs. GO RAIDERS!!!
You are totally correct the Chargers did play like ***.. As usual. The are proven to be a second half team. As far as the injuries yeah LT was the work horse of the team for years..... Now he just keeps getting hurt but they still win without him. The raiders did look good on defense that is about it. OF course the chargers were a little banged up though. Just wait til we play you in SD with a healty O-Line. But hey good job on the raiders though. I will give them that.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:53 AM
TECH Addict

you have to realize, every team gets good calls, and every team gets bad calls. it all evens outs eventually.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBoy5

POS team.
That's a dipshit comment deserving of another.

Thanks to everyone else who had at least something intellectual to add.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Every team has had bad calls against them. It sucks but it happens. If they were a better team they would win. I didn't see this alleged fumble. The only one I saw was that pass that he came down with and the ball hit the ground when he landed. So I'm sure you are reffering to something else. But from what I watched as bad as San Diego played the raiders should have won easily.

The raiders suck and complaining about the refs won't make the team any better.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

i personally think that was a TD. but then again when he did come down, the ball did come out. thats almost somewhat like a diving catch and the ball hits the ground. i think the raiders looked good, but then again it was maybe cuz the chargers were playing bad. but richard seymour played very well for the raiders.. id say oaktown and frisco are definitely sleeper teams.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Staging Lane

^:rotflmao :
Old 09-15-2009, 08:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mattyboy80
^:rotflmao :
Laughing at his sig or saying oakland is a sleeper. I'm laughing at both lol

Maybe he meant Oakland was sleeping
Old 09-15-2009, 11:46 PM
Teching In

First i would like to say that i really hate the raiders. I am a chargers fan. i have been to the chargers raiders games in SD for about the last 5 years. With that being said, i do not think it was a TD. it doesnt matter if he has to feet down, he still has to fall with possession. I believe the ball came out of his arms just enough for him not to have control.

but i do agree that you guys got screwed in the playoffs against the pats a few years ago. i also wanna say that russel is a pretty horrible quarterback. Unless someone is completely wide open, he cant make the throw. But mcfadden did look REALLY good. He was running all over us. But i really enjoyed the game last night because all the raider fans had their hopes up, and then they had their hopes crushed. ha...and i do know we didnt play good by any means. Although i wouldnt go as far as saying oakland is a sleeper team, i think they are definitely improving, and would be a decent team with a different QB.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, Russell's strength is in long passes, 1-on-1 coverage. Short passes, he can't hit a Suburban. So unless the coaches incorporate more of that, the running game will have to make up for it.

The point I am getting at with the calls is they seem to be new rules or rules that aren't very well thought out. For example, "in the tuck" ended up being a rule that after that game, was changed. The rule enforced in Monday's game, is new. I bet at some point it will get changed because once a person has two feet in the end zone, with full control of the ball, at what point is the play dead? ****, not even the Chargers contested the play.

What's next? If a running back dives into the end zone, crosses the plane in possession, lands on the ground, ball bounces out, it's now a fumble?
Old 09-16-2009, 11:25 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Yeah, Russell's strength is in long passes, 1-on-1 coverage. Short passes, he can't hit a Suburban. So unless the coaches incorporate more of that, the running game will have to make up for it.

The point I am getting at with the calls is they seem to be new rules or rules that aren't very well thought out. For example, "in the tuck" ended up being a rule that after that game, was changed. The rule enforced in Monday's game, is new. I bet at some point it will get changed because once a person has two feet in the end zone, with full control of the ball, at what point is the play dead? ****, not even the Chargers contested the play.

What's next? If a running back dives into the end zone, crosses the plane in possession, lands on the ground, ball bounces out, it's now a fumble?

I totally understand man. But it is all "old" rules that have been there. Also, you have to think that it was monday night season opener. They have to make themselves look good. Ref's are in the spotlight for cheating for other teams to throw games. If you did notice there were lots of calls on both teams. I admit I am a raider hater. But the defense did infact look pretty good. And all of us know that the chargers did play like crap. They are ususally better than that. Point and case raiders should have won but they couldnt get it together.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:38 PM
Launching!

Raiders!!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Go RAIDERS!

Quick Reply: Raiders vs. Refs