Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Can i have your input please

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 06:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can i have your input please

new to the ls1's and corvette, the question i have is ,can you give me some suggestion on engine mods? the car rite now has shortie headers(bbk)borla xr1 race exh.k&n cold air kit and dynotune nitrous kit(100 shot) went 11.79@120..the tranny computer was tuned to firm up shifts and change shift points..the car has a 3:15 gear and the man i bought the car from gave me a new circle D 3200 converter. my question is what mods do you guys suggest to get this car into the mid to high tens? i was told to get rid of my heads 853 castings ... go with 243,s and ls6 int, and put a cam in it..i drive car on weekends and do take 300-400 mile trip once in a while... PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR INPUT!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by spdysilvrvette
new to the ls1's and corvette, the question i have is ,can you give me some suggestion on engine mods? the car rite now has shortie headers(bbk)borla xr1 race exh.k&n cold air kit and dynotune nitrous kit(100 shot) went 11.79@120..the tranny computer was tuned to firm up shifts and change shift points..the car has a 3:15 gear and the man i bought the car from gave me a new circle D 3200 converter. my question is what mods do you guys suggest to get this car into the mid to high tens? i was told to get rid of my heads 853 castings ... go with 243,s and ls6 int, and put a cam in it..i drive car on weekends and do take 300-400 mile trip once in a while... PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR INPUT!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Switch to long tube headers, add your stall... then a Fast, cam and heads should get you there (should be no problem).

Pitt
Old 09-22-2009, 06:47 PM
Teching In

Default thanks

Originally Posted by pittman
Switch to long tube headers, add your stall... then a Fast, cam and heads should get you there (should be no problem).

Pitt
what heads 243? any cam suggestions? headers will texas speed headers work? what fast int do you suggest as well? thx again
Old 09-22-2009, 06:49 PM
Launching!

strange someone matched up the xr1 exhaust with shorty headers. kinda silly.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:52 PM
Launching!

how much do you have to spend? trick flows are $ but nice.
AFR205's are tried and true performers.

choose cam on track frequency, usage of car, and size of stall.

i'd spend the $ and get LG Streets at least. preferably LG Pros, ARH or Kooks.

i think Hinson Supercars has deals going on Fast 90 or 92's right now for 700$? check, dont quote me on that price. i just know they are the cheapest.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:59 PM
Teching In

Default thank you!!!

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ
how much do you have to spend? trick flows are $ but nice.
AFR205's are tried and true performers.

choose cam on track frequency, usage of car, and size of stall.

i'd spend the $ and get LG Streets at least. preferably LG Pros, ARH or Kooks.

i think Hinson Supercars has deals going on Fast 90 or 92's right now for 700$? check, dont quote me on that price. i just know they are the cheapest.
thank you!! looking to spend 2500-3k at most..then i need to tune.. iam in florida and need to find a good tuner.. iam in stuart,florida..thanks again..
Old 09-22-2009, 07:20 PM
Launching!

no worries!

3K in total for all parts or just the heads?

your car put down good numbers for only a 100 shot!

tons of cams out there. i'd look into the LG G5x3 if i were you!

go back to the main ls1tech.com page and scroll down to the bottom, there should be a southeast, or flordia section, looking/asking in there for a local tuner should help narrow the search. factor in 400-500 for a good dyno tune.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Teching In

Default thanks

no worries!

3K in total for all parts or just the heads?

your car put down good numbers for only a 100 shot!

tons of cams out there. i'd look into the LG G5x3 if i were you!

go back to the main ls1tech.com page and scroll down to the bottom, there should be a southeast, or flordia section, looking/asking in there for a local tuner should help narrow the search. factor in 400-500 for a good dyno tune.
3k would be for all,plus a tune!! really want to thank you again..
Old 09-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Launching!

no problems man, glad i can help out a little!

its going to be a tight squeeze to get all of those parts for 3k, even used. and forgot to ask if you were going to be doing the work yourself or have a shop to do it?

cams aren't but >400$, but while your in there there's a decent amount of stuff you'd want to upgrade like springs, pushrods, rockers, ect. usually shown on some vendor websites as a 'cam package'.

you might want to do this in stages.

i personally would do cam setup, nice headers, and FAST92 (and throttle body) and get that tuned. should be able to stay under 3k. then later down the road find a good deal on some refreshed used AFR205, TFS, or other high end heads and get a retune (not cost of original tune thankfully).

also, do you have a stock CAI or is it a calloway/stinger/vararam?

a decent size cammed/headers/intake/100shot/stalled c5 will be a stout car, should keep you occupied for a while!
Old 09-23-2009, 06:09 AM
Teching In

no problems man, glad i can help out a little!

its going to be a tight squeeze to get all of those parts for 3k, even used. and forgot to ask if you were going to be doing the work yourself or have a shop to do it?

cams aren't but >400$, but while your in there there's a decent amount of stuff you'd want to upgrade like springs, pushrods, rockers, ect. usually shown on some vendor websites as a 'cam package'.

you might want to do this in stages.

i personally would do cam setup, nice headers, and FAST92 (and throttle body) and get that tuned. should be able to stay under 3k. then later down the road find a good deal on some refreshed used AFR205, TFS, or other high end heads and get a retune (not cost of original tune thankfully).

also, do you have a stock CAI or is it a calloway/stinger/vararam?

a decent size cammed/headers/intake/100shot/stalled c5 will be a stout car, should keep you occupied for a while!
will do the work at the house and i have an k&n cold air kit.. texas speed sells there 243 heads ported for a ok price and have packages for under 2k... might have to go that route..trickflow heads are nice but alot of $$$$,. but it will all come together in time...thank you if you come across anything that might help just email me..thank you for your time..pete