Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Thinking about a glasstek 4in

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 10:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Thinking about a glasstek 4in

I got bored with the way my car looks so i started looking into hoods again and decided i wanted a cowl hood to set the car off with the LS1 SS spoiler alread on the car and some other body mods i've made. I found a 3in i liked but was told about the glasstek 4in and once i saw it i pretty much set my mind on that one.

Any one else in here run the 4in cowl from them if so how much was is shipped and how is the fitment?? thanks

And if you run a cowl hood please post some pictures!!
Old 10-02-2009, 11:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VFN FTW

underside
Old 10-03-2009, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Glasstek 4" ...

Old 10-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Launching!

I ordered ours through a local speed shop so there was no shipping cost. I thought the fitment was great. It didnt take much work to get it all aligned.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:11 AM
TECH Regular

Unless you have a hi-ride intake with a carb that needs more clearance, a cowl hood doesn't make sense. Get something that's functional like the SLP Ultra-Z hood. Straight shot air flow like the Pontiacs.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:46 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DroppedM6Z
VFN FTW

underside
I wish my hood fit that good, Did you have to notch the rear of that hood to clear the wiper? or does the corners sit high.

This is what I had to do with mine, when I talked to VFN they told me to raise the back of the hood up but if i did that then the corners would sit high.... this is the reason why I'm going to switch to a glasstech... I've seen Bowtiedad's in person and the fitment on that hood is great and it looks good.

Originally Posted by bowtiedad_z28
I ordered ours through a local speed shop so there was no shipping cost. I thought the fitment was great. It didnt take much work to get it all aligned.

I still need to order mine

Originally Posted by 69camaross
Unless you have a hi-ride intake with a carb that needs more clearance, a cowl hood doesn't make sense. Get something that's functional like the SLP Ultra-Z hood. Straight shot air flow like the Pontiacs.
What? The cowl hood gives you the opportunity to remove heat from the engine bay... that alone sounds like a good reason to get one.

Last edited by SmokedOutZ28; 10-03-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would love the VFN cowl hood but the 600 price tag before shipping just kills it wheni can get a cowl hood for less then that shipped lol..

Not every one needs a reason to put the hood except they think it looks sick like me and plenty of other people.. I think the ultra-z hood is a great design but afte seeing it in person it just doesn't flow like a cowl hood does witht eh SS spoiler..
Old 10-03-2009, 01:12 PM
liqour enthusiest

i picked mine up from glasstek. fit with minor adjustments. when i had it painted black the body shop guy said it was one of the easiest hoods to work with.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SmokedOutZ28
I wish my hood fit that good, Did you have to notch the rear of that hood to clear the wiper? or does the corners sit high.

This is what I had to do with mine, when I talked to VFN they told me to raise the back of the hood up but if i did that then the corners would sit high.... this is the reason why I'm going to switch to a glasstech... I've seen Bowtiedad's in person and the fitment on that hood is great and it looks good.

I still need to order mine

What? The cowl hood gives you the opportunity to remove heat from the engine bay... that alone sounds like a good reason to get one.
Well get on it and order that hood Sam.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:30 PM
11 Second Club

Lol I will at the end of this month. I kinda got tied up in building a stroker so I forgot I wanted to sell it.

Quick Reply: Thinking about a glasstek 4in