need you guys help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need you guys help.

need you guys help..
im having a little dilema..
ok so here it goes tell me what you guys think..

ok so as some of you guys know iv been having some car problems..
so as i thought it would be covered under the warrenty i went in for service.. waiting a couple of hours and came to find out i had absolutly no powertrain coverage.(which was the whole purpose of buying a new car to avoid engine expenses) well kinda like a back up u kno.. well anywas it was at the dealer where i purchased the car and pretty good friends with the sales man so after figuring it out they come and tell me that there was a mistake and my paperwork wasnt filed.so their telling me the only way to get me out of that problem is to get me in a new car.. so now they are giving me 13.5K for my trade in with 59K miles.. so now they got two blackk SS's one wit 20K (black on tan) and one with 50K(black on black) miles and that basically imma get my car fixed for free and get my powertrain warrenty back on .. but since i took it in for service the car is stock except exhaust.. so i was thinking why not trade it in .. for a smaller note.and newer car again with less miles.. why not ? i gotta take out my exhaust and alternator off and then go back and see.. what do you guys think i should do?
kinda hard tho cause i really dont think i could live with the tan interior..got use to the black on black but the diffrence in miles is huge.. a whole new life to the car..
Old 10-07-2009, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is their mistake, with that said call 1-800-222-1020 tomorrow morning and explain what has happened. Be polite and patient and after awhile if it is not going so well, ask about Goodwill.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Launching!

In all honesty id see if you can get into another LS series car. GTO or Fbody. These LS4 are fun but aftermarket lacks badly.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Launching!

where ever your located,see if you can get into a G8 GT or GXP.youll be a whole lot happier with the rear wheels spinning.or if you got kids get into a trail blazer SS,either way youll be happy...

good luck with your choice
Old 10-07-2009, 06:58 PM
On The Tree

easy, check your paperwork when you purchased the car. if it lists that you purchased the extended warrranty, then you are good. if not, then you are screwed and probably even more so, if you trade your car in.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1 CLEAN SUP3R SPORT
where ever your located,see if you can get into a G8 GT or GXP.youll be a whole lot happier with the rear wheels spinning.or if you got kids get into a trail blazer SS,either way youll be happy...

good luck with your choice
Yep. Enjoyed my time with my SS and all, but I wouldn't buy one again.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats a tough decision to have to make. What is wrong with your car? I know the exhaust is sweet! (it was mine). Is it even worth the hassle, maybe you can just pay to have it fixed or do it yourself.

Either way you go keep us up to date. If it where my call, I'd step out of the LS4 family tree, oh wait.. I did!
Old 10-07-2009, 07:35 PM

Had a Trailblazer SS for a while and loved it. Something about 395hp in a 4-door SUV with all the bells and whistles. That power under your foot is nice, although they tend to have tranny issues though. Whatever you decide to get, make sure you are happy with it. Good luck.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Staging Lane

I'm wishing I would have gotten the 06 maroon metalic GTO instead of the GXP now. Color and options were pretty much the same as well as the miles and price. But I thought a 4 door would be better for me. Now I feel that rwd would have out weighed having 2doors. I didnt get the G8 GT cause I didnt have a car and wasnt going to wait 5 months for the G8 to come out (plus I would have had to buy it before i got to see or drive one). I'm thinking about in the near future looking into get a G8 GT. I love my Pontiac's it sucks that the G8 is the last one
Old 10-08-2009, 01:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ok so heres the deal.. they messed up.. they admitted to it. iv been patient as i just want this fixed.. right now i got a loaner and seems like my car is getting repaired at no cost to me plus they are adding the powertrain cover which is now in affect, as for a trade in or whatever. they are giving me decent money for the car.and i was looking into the AWD trailblazer..which was also priced right around the price for the trade in..either way they said they would eat the cost to get me to where i need to be in the same payments,,sucks to start all over but the only thing that i likd at the dealer that i wanted sooo bad i cant afford.. a 09 G8 gt two tone leather ,6.0 is just sexy..
i might consider the trailblazer but is gunna be a change but would be nice to have something all year around without having to worry bout snow,rain or whatever..
idk well see how it goes gotta go back tommorow as iv been there all week.
got a nice loaner so not that bad.. and well i want to get out of the ls4 family but got to much invested to just let it go.. but i get its always a good time for a chance.. can always get used to a g8.;p
i wish..
especially a GXP
oh and the problem with the car is that the ignition and BCM or so they said.. i doubt thats true but well see.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

got a call today from the dealer after being told that i would have my car back today.. saying that they replaced the ignition switch along with the BCM and that the BCM didnt wanna relearn. they said they think its a defective BCM so they ordered another one for tommorow . id there any way the diablo might have messed with the BCM?
Old 10-13-2009, 12:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Find a used G8, I'm sure you can find one that you can afford. My brother has a 09 G8GT, bolt ons and a tune netted him 12.6 @ 108.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:51 AM
Launching!

My tuner once *tune locked* out my car. my buddy and I pulled the battery cables and the next day it allowed us to retune it.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the thing is the dealers had the car for a week now.. if i dont get it back in another week imma look for a new car.. if i was paying for this outta my pocket i would have got raped.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok so got an update today..
got a call from the dealer telling me that the radio was at fault. im using the module and apparently the radio is taking in to much power from the tcm and ecm ,somehow.. iv had the radio installed for about a year now.and the radios been off for the longest. i have no idea what to believe but ok..
Old 10-14-2009, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Tell them this has happened before the radio was installed.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

but the problem was so bad that the car wasnt drivable.so i dragged into the dealer and told them to fix it. thats wen the warrenty came into play.and when i found out i didnt have it.since they messed up they offered to fix it free of charge..