Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed MS4, springs, rods, chain, pump, etc

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just installed MS4, springs, rods, chain, pump, etc

I JUST finished wrapping everything back up. The car fired right up, sounds awesome. No clearance issues.

One tip I would like to add for anyone installing new springs, is to

A) Have the Lingenfelter spring tool
B) Have a helper push the spring down from the other side of the car. You add grease to the tip of the valve, then install your locks/keepers.

I don't know if anyone has posted that tip before or general knowledge, but I haven't read it anywhere, and it saved my *** on the pass rear. If only I would of discovered sooner, haha.

Thanks to Kasey, I cant for the life of me remember his SN on here, I think its 06tx4.8, for all of his knowledge and help on the install. Getting a tune by Pat G tomorrow
Old 10-10-2009, 01:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! Is your car a 6spd or auto? What other mods?

I have a cam and stock 799 heads to install, but I've been lazy..hah
Old 10-10-2009, 01:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

THANKS! Just finished putting the car through 2nd heat cycle. Car is 6spd

Other mods, highly ported TB, almost no edge left, haha, didn't notice till Kasey pointed it out to me. Mac mids, off road y, Borla CB, MTI bolt on tune, MTI lid, stock LS6 intake. Gobs of suspension mods, but they are not important here. I also installed a LS2 timing chain and a LS6 ported pump w/stiffer spring. THAT OIL PUMP WAS A BITCH. I dropped the friggin pick up bolt, PITA. I think that is it. I will make a post in Dyno section tomorrow with graph posted on monday when I get to work to scan it in. I will also upload videos soon too.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:22 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats man ihave a custom cam coming from EPS any day hope to install this wkend, thanks 4 the tip enjoy ur new cam
Old 10-10-2009, 01:37 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SLwLS1

Other mods, highly ported TB, almost no edge left, haha, didn't notice till Kasey pointed it out to me. Mac mids, off road y, Borla CB, MTI bolt on tune, MTI lid, stock LS6 intake. Gobs of suspension mods, but they are not important here. I also installed a LS2 timing chain and a LS6 ported pump w/stiffer spring. THAT OIL PUMP WAS A BITCH. I dropped the friggin pick up bolt, PITA. I think that is it. I will make a post in Dyno section tomorrow with graph posted on monday when I get to work to scan it in. I will also upload videos soon too.

I'd like to see a before and after dyno with that cam but change to longtubes
Old 10-10-2009, 07:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SLwLS1

If you stuff a rag down in the pan and the bolt will not fall to never land and If you tie a piece of thread to the bolt you can fish it out when you do drop it.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slt200mph
If you stuff a rag down in the pan and the bolt will not fall to never land and If you tie a piece of thread to the bolt you can fish it out when you do drop it.
Yea I dropped that bolt, drained the pan, magnet the bolt out, and took speaker wire and stripped about 3 feet of it. Then pulled an individual copper wire out and threaded it about the base of the threads.

Bad news, car went kaboom today, dont know what happened yet, I suspect a loose or busted rocker. Car was fine in the long drive to Victoria, Pat G had no problems with it, did three 4th gear pulls, no problem, did a few 2nd gear pulls on the road and on my way back, car started stuttering and a loud clank from under the hood. I am about to pull it in the garage and figure out whats up. Just got it towed the whole way back from Victoria.

On a good note, it dynoed 391 @ the rear wheels through a mustang dyno. I have a feeling the problem I have now is the reason is dynoed so low to begin with. We shall see.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

stud on exhaust rocker cylinder 7 broke in half. YEAH!!
Old 10-11-2009, 01:19 PM
12 Second Club

Damn, sorry to hear about the rocker stud. Did you use the stock rockers? I did, hope I dont have the same problem. I just got done with my cam/heads install... specs of cam in sig. What rockers are you going to go with ? also did you upgrade your injectors?
Old 10-11-2009, 01:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hey Brian, if you can wait ill be back in Houston next weekend and I'm sure I have some rocker bolts laying around that you can have. If not they shouldnt be too much at the dealership.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by firstinlastout86
Damn, sorry to hear about the rocker stud. Did you use the stock rockers? I did, hope I dont have the same problem. I just got done with my cam/heads install... specs of cam in sig. What rockers are you going to go with ? also did you upgrade your injectors?
Stock rockers were not the issue, the issue was the jacked up threads, so if your bolts went in fine and were torqued to 22 ft/lbs, you should be fine. I will be retaining the stock rockers, they are undamaged. They are stock injectors, Pat G said around, dont quote me on this, 95%. They should be fine til I throw on a new intake.

Originally Posted by DONAIMIAN
Hey Brian, if you can wait ill be back in Houston next weekend and I'm sure I have some rocker bolts laying around that you can have. If not they shouldnt be too much at the dealership.
Sweet Big D, I can wait til next weekend, I wont get to re torquing the rockers on them til next weekend anyway.