Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

For those of you running 9" rear ends

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those of you running 9" rear ends

For those who are running 9" rear ends in a 98-02 fbody what rear shocks and spring combos are you guys running?
Also what 60' foot times are you running with said combo?
One last thing if you drive your car on the street occasionally still how bearable is your setup?
Old 10-13-2009, 07:08 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
We suggest anytime that you are running a aftermarket rear end. Use the factory rear springs (to still allow good clearance) and go with a good adjustable shock such as a QA1. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...qro6juags1fk53

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 10-13-2009, 09:09 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by matysik27
For those who are running 9" rear ends in a 98-02 fbody what rear shocks and spring combos are you guys running?
One last thing if you drive your car on the street occasionally still how bearable is your setup?

Hello, we have several customers running our rear springs and cutting high 1.20 to low 1.30 60' times. The are either using Strange or QA1 for the shocks. My springs are available in pairs and we have plenty in stock and can ship them out same day if you call by 3pm est. We also have very competitive pricing on both Strange and QA1 products. Give me a call if you have any questions or would like to place an order.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F4.htm
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 10-13-2009, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

im running stock ws6 springs in the rear but probably gonna step up to the bmr springs here pretty soon. im running competition engineering 3 way adjustable drag only shocks...
1.3xx launching on the juice....
stock style suspension
Old 10-13-2009, 09:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Im runnin Eibach Pro Kit springs with Koni shocks and i really dont know what the times are but i can tell a big diff just by drivin the camaro down the road and especially while im doin some heavy cornering
Old 10-13-2009, 11:12 PM
Staging Lane

alright well for about the next 2 years I would say until I can find a early 2nd camaro it will just be a weekend cruiser/drag strip car and I was leaning towards the QA1 shocks but wanted some real world comparisons. Also would these be good to keep when I go all out in a few years and start to shoot for consistent low 9's and high 8's?
Old 10-14-2009, 07:06 AM
FormerVendor

alright well for about the next 2 years I would say until I can find a early 2nd camaro it will just be a weekend cruiser/drag strip car and I was leaning towards the QA1 shocks but wanted some real world comparisons. Also would these be good to keep when I go all out in a few years and start to shoot for consistent low 9's and high 8's?
Hello
Yeah they will be what you need in that case if you are going for single digits.... some of our customers even go with the double adjustable for the fine tune of the chassis. But for now you will be just fine with the single adjustable. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 10-14-2009, 07:44 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pozesd99'
im running stock ws6 springs in the rear but probably gonna step up to the bmr springs here pretty soon. im running competition engineering 3 way adjustable drag only shocks...
1.3xx launching on the juice....
stock style suspension
Thats a good 60' for using the competition 3 way shocks. When you get ready for those springs give me a call and i will see what i can do for you.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 10-14-2009, 07:58 AM
Banned

is no one using Strano springs and Koni shocks?
Old 10-14-2009, 11:55 AM
Staging Lane

alright well than for those running double adjustable QA1's in the back what springs are you guys running and what kind of results are you getting?