Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

tried Whistler Mod,F up my light????

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 11:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tried Whistler Mod,F up my light????

Today i tried the Whistler Headlight Mod an every thing when fine but when i pulled the masking tape off it pulled some of the reflective part off, the cars my dd so i need to get the lights back on but im not putting them back together like this any suggestion??????
Old 10-28-2009, 11:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

well, what your going to need to do is go to the store and buy some metal finish/reflective paint, and paint that area. you're essentially doing the same thing you just did with the black paint, but now your doing the back of the light with the reflective paint. should solve your problem
Old 10-29-2009, 11:36 AM
TECH Regular

I would get some reflective paint and just use a brush to touch up the spots.
I used painters tape and i had no issues when i did my old car.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:02 PM
TECH Addict

the trick is to use a light adhesion tape. oh well, it's just a pair of lights. troll ebay for a few weeks and pick up another set and try again.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by predator200289
Today i tried the Whistler Headlight Mod an every thing when fine but when i pulled the masking tape off it pulled some of the reflective part off, the cars my dd so i need to get the lights back on but im not putting them back together like this any suggestion??????
That sucks bro. I did a set a while back that I picked up on the boards here. Same thing happened. You're going to have to just buy a new set of lights. I tried the reflective paint... It's just not the same. It's more of like a shiney silver, it just doesn't look right. I picked up a set of the halo headlights off Ebay for $125 shipped. When I get them I'm going to pull the insert out and whistler them.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:52 AM
On The Tree

done the same thing on my old headlights,, except not as bad. When I put em back together it was not near as noticeable so I ran em for a while, but eventually replaced them with halos
Old 10-30-2009, 11:57 AM
12 Second Club

Lessons learned. when i did my friends, i put paper over that area and put the tape towards the sides i was painting black so that the flake didnt come off. a big came off even rinsing in water.....
Old 10-30-2009, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

A better and cheap solution would be to buy some chrome tape , u can buy at auto zone or almost any parts store ...typically by the pinstriping kits . Just replace the squares on the reflector where the chrome peeled off . Youd never know anything ever happened ....and the light would still have chrome to refect off of , as opposed to chrome paint which is more of silver than anything .

Quick Reply: tried Whistler Mod,F up my light????