Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

its not "alive"

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default its not "alive"

dam thing didn't pop or noting, got a no start here and gona need help, turn over good, new fuel at 58psi and holding and i mean holding, looks like no injectors working, got spark at 1 & 7 plug not wet. so I unpluged the fuel pump and turn it over no drop in pressure, just holding 58 psi and hold it for a
good hour or so. motor has ben sitting for a year or two, I think all injectors are stuck, speartec did the pcm and wires and i don't have a code rearer yet, maybe for christmas, for now i need info on testing injectors or replacing them. can i just use a test light to see if the pcm is pulsing the injector, + to the hot side and - to the ground side of the injector and turn it over should flash hu u think. hillbilly in need sorry about all the wording and stuff like <..>_ that little line is bullshit in case u was a wondering. don't useily work on motor like this. thanks
Old 11-01-2009, 10:08 AM
TECH Regular

You can try soaking the injectors in SEAFOAM. I have not used the stuff, but have heard good things. There is a way to check pulsing with a digital voltmeter I beleive, I know I read on here, don't know how myself. Try using the search option?
Old 11-01-2009, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cranking with a regular test light you might see it blink, usually the pulse is too short to light up the regular light bulb test lights. If you have an LED test light, you should see it no problem.

Most likely, your injectors are stuck. You can momentarily apply 12v+ and ground directly to the injector, just dont hold it on for very long at all. You should hear a click. If it doesn't click, likely stuck. The above mentioned sea foam trick should help.

I built an electronic circuit, with a 555 timer from Radio shack, that will pulse the injectors. It has a **** on it so i can adjust the speed. I have used this with good success un-sticking injectors. Soaking the injectors and at same time having them pulsed works like a charm.

good luck.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

A $10.00 NOID lite from the local NAPA store, will safely test the inj circuit.[s]
Old 11-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Teching In

thanks for the info, I used a noid light and the pcm is working fine, thay all flashed, I might just spring for new injecters. I shot some gas in the intake and it ran on that. so at least I know it will run. I like the ider of making your own pulser, I look at one the thing cost $140.00. I found a set of injectors on ebay for $200.00 recondision but sound good. http://stores.ebay.com/Fuel-Injector-Connection if any one can tell if these are any good. FUEL INJECTORS 28lb Bosch Design III corvette ls1
he said he would buy my old ones.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:13 AM
On The Tree

can also try tapping with the handle of a screwdriver while pulsing them with 12volts... generally free's them up
Old 11-03-2009, 06:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

"motor has ben sitting for a year or two". Most likely whats happened. I see that problem when I clean injs from the local salvage yard engines.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:44 AM
Teching In

thanks, I ordered a set, I wanta to hear it run on all cylenders for the frist time she cranks, should be this weekend, I hope. gonea bust a beer on it if she runs
Attached Thumbnails its not &quot;alive&quot;-looking-good.jpg  
Old 11-04-2009, 10:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Talking

Originally Posted by 39fordcorvette
thanks, I ordered a set, I wanta to hear it run on all cylenders for the frist time she cranks, should be this weekend, I hope. gonea bust a beer on it if she runs
Is that like christening a ship the redneck way?
I wish you well.

Quick Reply: its not "alive"