Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Opinions on Center Console

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 04:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Opinions on Center Console

I want to "Upgrade" to the CTS center console. (at least just the higher level arm rest) I've been seeing some deals on Ebay for Tan and Black. Now, I have a Tan interior with the Black Dash and Door Panels.

Opinions on which one I should go for. Tan, or Black. I don't think it would look bad changing to black because of the offsets of the rest of the interior.

-Chris
Old 11-01-2009, 04:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

This is where I saw it and thought of the idea. This is from an 09 though..
Attached Thumbnails Opinions on Center Console-btulrn-mk-kgrhgoh-c8ejlllh-lgbkh-risywq-_12.jpg  
Old 11-01-2009, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For sure stick with tan. I installed the Tan upgrade console in mine with tan interior and it's a perfect match.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Staging Lane

I got pretty tired of the tan in mine so I switched it out with a black center. I didn't use the regular CTS because I like the lower arm rest but you can get the idea of what it would look like. The only thing I haven't done yet is remove the rear section of black carpet and replace it with my original tan pieces. Once that is done I think it will look even better. I put a picture of a V with a tan console right below so you can compare.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Cool, I was wondering if it was a different shade. Where did you pick yours up? EBay?

Originally Posted by SkullV
For sure stick with tan. I installed the Tan upgrade console in mine with tan interior and it's a perfect match.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

YES! This is exactly what I was thinking. It looks very good; Exactly what I thought. My tan/Redline CTSV looks just like the 2nd picture. I figure if I'm replacing the center, I might as well get the raised arm rest. I think it would be more confortable for me.

Thank you very much! 2003RC51

So, I assume that the CTS Automatic Center Console would convert over to a CTSV Standard console just fine?

Originally Posted by 2003RC51
I got pretty tired of the tan in mine so I switched it out with a black center. I didn't use the regular CTS because I like the lower arm rest but you can get the idea of what it would look like. The only thing I haven't done yet is remove the rear section of black carpet and replace it with my original tan pieces. Once that is done I think it will look even better. I put a picture of a V with a tan console right below so you can compare.
Attached Thumbnails Opinions on Center Console-98fe64d3-916a-4d7b-8915-efd864d275b0_1.jpg  

Last edited by white2001formula; 11-01-2009 at 05:18 PM. Reason: added question
Old 11-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by white2001formula
YES! This is exactly what I was thinking. It looks very good; Exactly what I thought. My tan/Redline CTSV looks just like the 2nd picture. I figure if I'm replacing the center, I might as well get the raised arm rest. I think it would be more confortable for me.

Thank you very much! 2003RC51

So, I assume that the CTS Automatic Center Console would convert over to a CTSV Standard console just fine?

It looks like the same base console. If the automatic insert comes out it looks like it would have the exact same opening as the manual.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Looks like I'll be the guinea pig if no one chimes in. I see where the tan carpet is that you were talking about to.

Thanks again,
Chris

P.S. WTS Tan Center CTSV Console Pst for price.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

That black console and armrest with the tan interior looks pretty badass. That's a nice touch.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

I just bought a black standard CTS autotragic console to put in my V, that has puky tan interior. I plan to install this tomorrow and I'll post up some pics. I'm wanting to convert my whole interior to black at some point. The sides of the console I got are tan, so if anyone wants to trade out I'd be glad to. Otherwise I may just pull the tan carpet off and wrap with black carpet that I use on my car audio installs.

I bought my console from ebay from the LKQ corporation. That's the second thing I bought from them and both pieces have been in good shape. Not mint by any means, but still in good enough shape to use.

Since we're on this interior subject, if anyone comes across any black parts, such as carpet, that I may need for this swap, PLEASE pm me! I can't get anyone to talk about this on the "other"forum at all, and I've even PM'd a reputable member 2 weeks ago and he hasn't returned the pm.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looks fantastic man!
Old 11-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

Looks fantastic man!
Thanks. It is nice not having to clean the console as much. My tan console was always attracting dirt. Not that the black one doesn't. I just can't see it now.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks. It is nice not having to clean the console as much. My tan console was always attracting dirt. Not that the black one doesn't. I just can't see it now.
I'm really considering doing this now...it really does look great. It would just suck to re-do all the fab work I did to get my LM-1 and Microedge nitrous controller to fit in a new console though!
Old 11-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

I'm really considering doing this now...it really does look great. It would just suck to re-do all the fab work I did to get my LM-1 and Microedge nitrous controller to fit in a new console though!
Do you have pics of this? I don't think I will be selling my nitrous so it might still be going in the V. Is the Microedge a standalone unit?
Old 11-05-2009, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do you have pics of this? I don't think I will be selling my nitrous so it might still be going in the V. Is the Microedge a standalone unit?
The Harris Speed Works Microedge+ is a progressive 2 stage controller with a window switch, WOT switch, lean shutdown, all sorts of delays, it really is the best nitrous controller on the market. I don't have pics of my setup but I'll try and get some taken soon. There really wasn't much "fab" work, other then cutting the inside of the console to fit wires and get the LM1 to fit flush in there so it's all hidden unless you put up the arm rest.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

See, I'm not so crazy now. Don't snipe me on Ebay for the console now.

Quick Reply: Opinions on Center Console