Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Solenoid Mount for HSW Plates!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 01:39 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Solenoid Mount for HSW Plates!!

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Actually it was only a few years ago, we were the first to bring vehicle specific kits to the LS market. Since that time we've moved onto other platforms and continue to bring nitrous kits to new levels. We felt it would be fitting to design another option for the ls f-bodies. The bracket is designed to bolt onto the back of the plate so that all of the assembly work can be done off of the vehicle and the entire assembly can then be placed on the car as a modular unit. Nothing could be easier to install!

Bracket can be used with any one of our plates that are currently out there. The bracket will come with all of the necessary hardware as well as a the template, drill and tap required to mount the bracket to the plate. Any full plate kit ordered with the bracket will be drilled and tapped so its a bolt on deal. Thanks!

Nick

Last edited by Nick@HSW; 11-02-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:01 PM
9 Second Club

What's the difference between your plate system and NitroDave Plate system? Looks like a clean and easy install, anybody had experience with this kit yet?

Last edited by 02sleeperz28; 11-02-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:16 PM
11 Second Club

Kits are awsome. I use nothing but HSWs, so im a lil partial to them, but you cant go wrong with Nitro daves. Both companies put up great products and results
Old 11-02-2009, 08:19 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love the bracket design. It keeps the solenoids out of the way and you can route the nitrous line under the TB.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Will this work the nitrous outlet plate?
Old 11-03-2009, 08:00 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 02sleeperz28
What's the difference between your plate system and NitroDave Plate system? Looks like a clean and easy install, anybody had experience with this kit yet?
Ours has 10 nitrous and 10 fuel discharge points spread across the entire 360 degree perimeter of the plate. This produces a conical spray pattern as it enters into the intake. It offers superior distribution than anything else out there. It is also the highest flowing plate on the market.

We've sold thousands, they are very popular and produce great results.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:02 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by transam69230
Will this work the nitrous outlet plate?
not likely due to the inlet positions, but we could look into it. also the line lengths would need to be different
Old 11-03-2009, 10:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Nick or Mike, do you have a single solenoid bracket for the dry plate setup?
Old 11-03-2009, 12:10 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
Nick or Mike, do you have a single solenoid bracket for the dry plate setup?
For that location?

Nick
Old 11-03-2009, 01:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
For that location?

Nick
Correct. I was just lookin at ways to make my dry plate install look clean as possible. Also where do you guys normally mount the microedge on f-bodies? Could you pm me some ideas if you get time? Thanks!
Old 11-03-2009, 01:38 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
Correct. I was just lookin at ways to make my dry plate install look clean as possible. Also where do you guys normally mount the microedge on f-bodies? Could you pm me some ideas if you get time? Thanks!
You can use that same bracket. It would just have the extra mounting location that's all.

I think there was a few threads floating around about mounting locations for the microedge. I did one not too long ago that was mounted in front of the shifter. It was just a small piece of plastic that I heated and bent and attached to the bottom of the trim bezel.

Nick
Old 11-03-2009, 01:39 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
Ours has 10 nitrous and 10 fuel discharge points spread across the entire 360 degree perimeter of the plate. This produces a conical spray pattern as it enters into the intake. It offers superior distribution than anything else out there. It is also the highest flowing plate on the market.

Thanks for the speedy response I will give you guys a call asap.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 222 Likes on 165 Posts

Im calling on this.

Your plate can safely flow over 400hp shots?

Last edited by minytrker; 11-06-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:13 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by minytrker
Im calling on this.

He is not talking about carb plates, if that is what you are thinking.

Good design, personally I like the other design, just my personal preference.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:48 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by minytrker
Im calling on this.

The plate does not care if its a 100 shot or 500, it will distribute what you throw at it. The plate itself isn't the problem. The design of the EFI front mount manifolds is the problem and id never suggest anyone flow more than a 250 shot from that position, i don't give a **** what product is on there. Saying our plate is the highest flowing in the market is not BS, that can be proven as we have independent data to show. Just because it can, doesn't mean you should. I was simply stating the differences and that is one of them. If you have a problem with me saying its the highest flowing, i wont say it anymore cause it personally doesn't mean **** to me and i have NEVER recommended anyone do that.

If you want to read some long line of BS from a salesman and believe it, go right ahead. You want to go buy a plate and think its magically going to cure the problems of a poor distributing manifold, go right ahead. If you buy a plate from us, i assure you, you would never be told you can spray that much. We care more about keeping your motor together than anything and id NEVER suggest anything that would end up damaging it.

Use common sense when thinking, that's all i ask and more importantly, look at physical proof. If someone wants to claim they do something, call them on it. If they want to say you can put 300+ safely through a motor, ask them for the plugs and expect them to produce them. If they want to say they have the highest quality product, ask for the comparison between other companies. If they want to say they have the highest flowing products, again ask them for the flow numbers to compare them to other companies. I bet you Steve Johnson(Induction solutions), Monty Smith (NOS), Jeff Prock (applied nitrous) and MANY other companies/manufactorurs would beg to differ with that statement. If they want to say a 360 and 180 degree perimeter plate doesn't work, call them on it. ASK for dyno numbers, ask for plugs, ask for a freakin picture of the prototype they so called tested.

There are hardcore racers on this site who have difficulty tuning a 300 shot with a direct port, how could you possibly think a plate is going to fix that. With a plate you are at the mercy of the manifolds distribution. On an aggressive head cam car i guarantee you, you see variations in the plugs, how is a plate going to fix the already poor distributing abilities of a manifold.

If you want to question us, thats great and ill back it up with actual information and data...not simply just tell you were are the best because its our opinion and we say so.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The plate does not care if its a 100 shot or 500, it will distribute what you throw at it. The plate itself isn't the problem. The design of the EFI front mount manifolds is the problem and id never suggest anyone flow more than a 250 shot from that position, i don't give a **** what product is on there. Saying our plate is the highest flowing in the market is not BS, that can be proven as we have independent data to show. Just because it can, doesn't mean you should. I was simply stating the differences and that is one of them. If you have a problem with me saying its the highest flowing, i wont say it anymore cause it personally doesn't mean **** to me and i have NEVER recommended anyone do that.

If you want to read some long line of BS from a salesman and believe it, go right ahead. You want to go buy a plate and think its magically going to cure the problems of a poor distributing manifold, go right ahead. If you buy a plate from us, i assure you, you would never be told you can spray that much. We care more about keeping your motor together than anything and id NEVER suggest anything that would end up damaging it.

Use common sense when thinking, that's all i ask and more importantly, look at physical proof. If someone wants to claim they do something, call them on it. If they want to say you can put 300+ safely through a motor, ask them for the plugs and expect them to produce them. If they want to say they have the highest quality product, ask for the comparison between other companies. If they want to say they have the highest flowing products, again ask them for the flow numbers to compare them to other companies. I bet you Steve Johnson(Induction solutions), Monty Smith (NOS), Jeff Prock (applied nitrous) and MANY other companies/manufactorurs would beg to differ with that statement. If they want to say a 360 and 180 degree perimeter plate doesn't work, call them on it. ASK for dyno numbers, ask for plugs, ask for a freakin picture of the prototype they so called tested.

There are hardcore racers on this site who have difficulty tuning a 300 shot with a direct port, how could you possibly think a plate is going to fix that. With a plate you are at the mercy of the manifolds distribution. On an aggressive head cam car i guarantee you, you see variations in the plugs, how is a plate going to fix the already poor distributing abilities of a manifold.

If you want to question us, thats great and ill back it up with actual information and data...not simply just tell you were are the best because its our opinion and we say so.

Quite true. The new noid mount looks badass. Keep up the good work.